Waterside Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Birchwood Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Great 4.5/5
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
Excellent 5/5
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)
Great 4.5/5
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)
Good 3.5/5
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
  • Pool
All reviewswafflesrose bushesbeautiful rosesprivate pierroom was cleanheated poolbiscuits and gravyfishing pierpicnic tablesthird flooroverlooking the baybeautiful viewwatching the sunsetrocket launchwater viewfridge and microwavechincoteague channel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

All the rooms have a great view across the bay of NASA's Wollops launch pad. The scheduled lift-off was postponed, unfortunately, so we missed the show. Wish we could have stayed longer.

But, thanks to the friendly hotel staff for the great tip to see the last of the summer's weanlings at the carnival grounds, our visit was still quite special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Qoss
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for highlighting the benefits of our unique location. You would have had a magnificent view of the launch if it had happened on time, too bad, but a good reason to return. Also walking distance to see the ponies makes us the happening place to be. The little babies who were too young to be separated from their moms after the auction are penned up at the carnival grounds 1 1/2 blocks from the Waterside. Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Clean rooms, pool and a very friendly staff! It is a great place to take your family! There is a lovely bayside pool and picnic tables to eat on near the dock. Rooms are spotless and the maid service is super. All rooms face to the south overlooking the bay from your private balcony. Hotel is landscaped with every color rosebush they make. You are just a short walk from the Firemans Carnival Fair Grounds or within walking distance of uptown! A continental breakfast is provided. If you want a quiet getaway, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are sunny (windows on two sides) and give you the best views (south and west).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jodi h
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for the terrific review. The roses are admired by all of our guests as well as residents and other visitors. Trip Advisor readers, if you grow roses, stop by some early morning when my husband is tending his babies and he will be glad to discuss his strategies and we will share a copy of his "Rose Recipe'. We are family owned and operated and take pride in our business. We are well known for our clean grounds and guest rooms. Thank you again for taking the time to share your vacation experience with others. Hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I dreamed of visiting Chincoteague Island for years and had read all the Marguerite Henry books as a little girl so was thrilled to get to visit in July! I chose the Waterside Inn after researching Trip Advisor. The staff was very nice, we stayed on the 2nd floor with a great view of the bay and the roses are just Gorgeous and I enjoyed my walk into downtown!! I just don't want anyone to expect to walk into an updated, pretty motel room. Everything is old and dated. It wasn't gross or anything like that, but it wasn't excellent. We had just stayed at a Hampton Inn and the room comparison is miles away. I'm not trying to bad mouth the place, just want to set expectations. You also won't have to pay a king's ransom for lodging. The room is never the reason for our vacations, we like to be out and about !! It's a decent place with beautiful roses on the bay:)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gardenjoy
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Just when you think you are the best thing going someone gives you a reality check .We are constantly upgrading and adding new things to stay ahead of trends. Rooms have really taken a beating this summer so I will be taking inventory after the season and hopefully if you choose to stay with us again you will appreciate the difference. FYI there are only three hotels that are newer than ours on Chincoteague. We are well known for our beautiful roses for which my husband deserves all of the credit. I hope we get a second chance with you.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I came to Chincoteague as a child, and now bring my family every year at least once. This year I decided to take a last-minute trip for a week in August, and all our usual places were booked. I found the Waterside after hours of research - and it is our new Chincoteague home away from home.

The location can't be beat, and the staff and grounds are both fabulous. It's on the "quiet" south end of the island, away from the parental money pits (Funland, mini golf, tshirt factories, etc) lining Maddox Blvd. The pool is heated to 80 degrees, and there's a hot tub overlooking the bay. Um, okay!

We stayed in room 115 - one of the larger, king-size suites, it has a big picture window in addition to the covered porch so you get multiple views of the sunsets over Chincoteague Bay. Although you can step right out to the pool, the dock, or your car (SO helpful when you're there with kids), the room was still quiet, peaceful, serene. I'll stay there again on a trip with just my husband. The bed was super comfy. The room was spotless, and the maids did a great job cleaning up our sandy floors every day.

Speaking of the staff, they're fabulous. They offered to make our dinner reservations, took a ton of time helping us find the right fishing boat captain, and even booked an unexpected doctor's appointment. At breakfast, the staff made waffles. (There were also donuts, bread, english muffins, sausage and eggs, although my eggs were still semi-frozen the first day. We usually went to Main Street Coffeehouse for breakfast instead.)

The only drawback I can see is that it's tough to bike to the beach with kids from here, like you can at Refuge Inn. But I'll take the water views any day.

No, it's not one of the mega-chain hotels now available on the island. And thank goodness. Waterside is a quaint, throwback-style motel that is super clean, with amazing water views and charming staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank trufflehussy

Wow, thank you for the great review. I am so glad that you discovered our hotel. Even though we have been around for awhile we are still being discovered for the first time by many people. We are constantly grateful for that. Our quiet waterfront location makes us a favorite of many old and new customers. To anyone reading this, if you have never stayed with us I hope you give us a try. One of our promotion lines is "we will surprise you". And if you have not stayed with us in awhile try us again, we are always doing things to keep it new and on trend. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a terrific time at the Waterside Inn. After loads of research for our first-ever Chincoteague trip, we settled on the Waterside, and we are really glad that we did. Our room was pleasant and cozy, the bed was very comfortable, the balcony was nice and the view was wonderful. The staff were super friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. We will return to this place for our next Chincoteague trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Greg G

Thank you, I am glad that we offered all of the elements required to make your vacation enjoyable. We know we fulfilled our duty when you are looking forward to returning. Thanks for the great review.