“It's All Good!”

Waterside Inn
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“It's All Good!”
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My wife and I stayed here for the first time over the Memorial Day holiday. When we return to Chincoteague, we won’t look anywhere else. We had stayed at the Hampton Inn before. The Waterside Inn has it all, including free docks and pool, at half the price. It was quiet, immaculate and the owners were very gracious. This is the place in Chincoteague, especially if you’re into biking and kayaking like us. And don't forget to smell the roses.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Carlisle, PA
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This was my first trip to Chincoteague, and I couldn't have chosen a better Hotel! Very friendly and helpful staff. Everything was pleasant, extremely clean, and a very relaxing atmosphere! The balcony from the room overlooked the water and a private dock. Very reasonably priced! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be a return customer!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Virginia
Reviewed 16 May 2010

We stayed here for one night. Since we checked in late, the hotel left the key in an envelop outside the office door for us. In a way, it was convenient but it would be nice to have staff on board 24/7 in case we needed help. As expected as I'd read the reviews prior to the trip, the decor was dated. However, it was very clean. The hotel is a little bit farther from where all the actions are compared to other accommodations in the area. But as I recalled, I think it's still in a walking distance to restaurants. What I found most uncomfortable for me was high pillows. My husband had a problem with the mattresses being too hard. So we both didn't get a restful sleep. The breakfast area shares the same space with the office. There were only 2 tables which seemed a bit limited. There was a staff person assisting us in making the waffles or for whatever we needed help with.
Pro: decent water view, very clean
Cons: outdated decor, hard mattresses and high pillows, balcony has no privacy

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 April 2010

I liked this Inn very much. It was in a great location on the channel. Wonderful view. The rooms were very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This Inn may be a little bit older than some of the other "Brand Name" hotels on the same strip and the decor may be a bit dated but it was still in good condition and very clean. The room was very roomy as well. We stayed on the third floor with a King size bed. It was a nice quaint little place.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 11 April 2010

This was the fifth times in the past few years I have stayed at the Waterside Inn and I have always had an enjoyable experience. This trip was business, but others have been pleasure, or both. I always found the rooms clean and well appointed, the staff helpful and polite, the pool and sauna well maintained, and the price quite reasonable. The sunset and evening views, especially from the upper floor balconies, I find very relaxing and restorative.

The continental breakfast provided is simple but more than adequate given the quality and quantity of excellent seafood available at many nearby restaurants. It’s more than I ever want on the morning after. The Waterside does have a 72 hour cancellation policy, but they ensure every potential guest is aware of it before the reservation is made. If you can’t plan your time accurately for three or more days in advance, try some place else. But if you do, I think it will be difficult to find any motel type establishment as charming and restful as the Waterside.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank RFer
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2010
Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate our guests and try to go out of our way to please them. We look forward to seeing you again!

Donna Mason
Owner/Operator
nj
Reviewed 11 April 2010

The room was nice and the view was great. The service was awesome too.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reston,VA
Reviewed 8 April 2010

I am so confused as to how this hotel has such positive reviews on this website. These reviews can lead another unsuspecting tourist like myself down the path of dirt/grime and discomfort! My boyfriend and I planned an end-of-summer mini-vacation to Chincoteauge and thought this would be a nice hotel for a romantic weekend, boy were we mistaken. As soon as I entered the room, I knew I was in for an interesting weekend. The room was horribly decorated, very outdated, and filthy. The couch was dirty and stained. The chair should have been in the dumpster, it was covered with mildew and dirt, and I wouldn't sit in it if you paid me. I could only imagine how dirty the comforters were, and could barely bring myself to sit on the bed fully clothed. I would not recommend walking around on the carpets without your shoes on, b/c God only knows the last time they were cleaned. The bathroom was horrendous as well. Outdated, rusting and dirty. The tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned for years, and there were holes in the walls where the shower head extended. Also, the bathroom had push-up panel ceilings, which seemed very strange to me. As some people mentioned, the complimentary breakfast is a nice idea, but the room that it takes place in is about the size of a large closet. There is room for maybe 3 small families, and everyone else would have to take their food to go. It's a sad attempt at a continental breakfast. This hotel was so bad, that we cut out trip short as I could not stomach a second night in this hotel. I barely slept wondering what could be crawling on my blankets or on the floors. Luckily for us, we did not end up being charged for the second night, but were still charged full price for the first night. Due to the rental office closing early, once you're checked in and it's past a certain hour, there's really nothing you can do but hang in there till the morning. Long story short - stay somewhere else - anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RESTONTRAVELGAL
WIChincoteague, Owner at Waterside Inn, responded to this review, 12 April 2010
I am sorry that these guests were dissatisfied with their stay, but I do question why it is posted 2 years after the fact. It is easier to resolve issues as they arise. Renovations are an ongoing process and we always try to stay ahead of the curve. The majority of our reviews indicate that our customers appreciate our customer service and our facility and return year after year. Chincoteague Island is a very special place and we want all of our guests to have a good experience.

Donna Mason