It has probably been 10 or so years since we last visited the Island Motor Inn Resort and are very happy that we returned this July.
As a family run business it doesn’t have the bells and whistles of a large chain like on line reservations but don’t let that get in the way.
We called to check on a one day stay and were quoted a very reasonable rate with a 10% Senior discount complete with a complimentary continental breakfast to compete with some of the chain hotels on the island.
We arrived to the hotel early and were fortunate to check in to our upgraded room in the North building. The staff was great. This was great as we were able to change and drive down to the beach a few miles down the road.
When we returned we had a very nice swim in the spotless full size outdoor pool that we had all to ourselves as we were the only guests there.
The room itself was spotless as well and our suite type room overlooked the channel and gave us the most fantastic sun set that we have even seen as we were located on the third floor. The furnishings were fine as was the comfortable King size bed and the dual room bathroom had a private shower/tub along with a sink. There is a small fridge in the closet should you need one.
The A/C unit is a little noisy as all separate units seem to be lately and the local cable TV is not as crisp as the big city but hey, your at the beach. I also think that the entire hotel is non smoking which is a plus for us.
The breakfast had a waffle maker, fruit, cereal, pastry, etc. and was just as spotless as the rest of the facility. I would rate the buffet on the high end.
All in all if you are looking for a great hotel within a 5 minute walk of downtown Chincoteague and a short stroll to other restaurants along Beach Road then this hotel should do it for you. The staff there are friendly and professional and to reiterate the views are fabulous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms are waterfront with balcony. Free continental breakfast, hot tub, fitness center, in room coffee maker, free wi-fi, located within walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and minutes from Assateague National Seashore and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, and NASA/Wallops Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island Motor Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Motor Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Island Hotel Chincoteague
- Island Resort Chincoteague
- Island Chincoteague