We stayed for two nights at this inn on the tiny island of Chincoteague. First of all, you might want to think twice about travel to this island. We went off season (May) and cannot imagine being there in-season. My boyfriend likened it to a tacky NJ shore resort. The billboards as you drive over the causeway are an eyesore and a shame. If you do go, this is one of the better places to stay (though my boyfriend eyed the new Hampton Inn, voted "#1 Hampton Inn in the Country"). We would recommend spending a bit more to stay in the smaller building of Island Motor Inn where the hotel registration desk is located - decor is more modern and greater privacy afforded in hanging out on the balcony. Great gym equipment - you can work out overlooking the bay and wildlife refuge. For me, a trip to this island was worth it after reading MISTY OF CHINCOTEAGUE as a child - definitely recommend a trip to the refuge just a mile or two down the road to see these beautiful horses, also deer and many unusual birds. The beach is beautiful and wild, too. We actually enjoyed a long sidetrip to Assateague in Maryland where the horses roam wild on the refuge and the beach is even wilder and more remote.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms are waterfront with balcony. Free continental breakfast, hot tub, fitness center, in room coffee maker, free wi-fi, located within walking distance of restaurants and shopping, and minutes from Assateague National Seashore and Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, and NASA/Wallops Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Island Motor Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Motor Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Island Hotel Chincoteague
- Island Resort Chincoteague
- Island Chincoteague