“Great way to spend four hours!”

Fish Tales Fishing Charters
Ranked #11 of 31 Tours in Chincoteague Island
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer 2 and 4 hour fishing trips. Our 4 hour trips include clamming, crabbing and Dolphin tour.We also offer Shark Fishing and near shore ocean fishing.Captain Pete is Chincoteague's longest opperating charter boat captain.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a great time on our fishing trip. We caught three sharks during our trip along with sea trout and king fish. The boat was no frills and there is no bathroom but as others have noted you get a great trip for a great price. The crew were very knowledgeable and taught us a lot about fishing off Chincoteaque Island. I would definitely book a trip again.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We went fishing with Captain Andy and Fish Tales in September. We were there for the weekend and scheduled a fishing trip on Saturday, the fishing was so good, we scheduled another day trip for Sunday! Capt. Andy knows all of the good fishing holes. He is very knowledgeable and a true professional! I can't say enough about the wonderful experience that me and my fiancé had! We caught shark after shark and Capt. Andy filets them right on the boat, you can take it home or back to your hotel and grill the freshest fish you have ever had! I can't wait to go fishing with Capt. Andy again! I have travelled the world and this excursion was the best value and funnest thing I've done in my travels! Book it today!

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I went shark fishing in September 2013 on the Fish Tales Shark Special-we had a BLAST!! Andrew was our guide, and he couldn't have been better. My husband hooked 3 sharks and was able to land the 2 smaller ones, as well as catching sea trout, spot, kingfish, and a couple of small bluefish. We both caught fish, despite my getting seasick once, which Andrew handled with grace and in such a way that no one's trip was ruined. He was a good conversationalist and taught us things we didn't know about sharks as well. This was not our first charter fishing experience, but it was certainly the most "bang for the buck" we've ever gotten. It's pretty no-frills, which is why it's so affordable. If you want fancy upholstery and lots of free booze, this is not your trip. If you want to catch fish, it is. Would strongly recommend this charter to anyone who wants to try shark fishing without having to take out a second mortgage to do it. One caution-be sure to "go before you leave the house" because the boat is small.

1  Thank Janine T
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a 4 hour everything trip, caught sharks and saw the dolphins! Capt. Andy knows all the right spots to reel in the big ones!!! We had so much fun we booked another trip!!! We plan to go back every year!!!!

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We booked a 4 hour tour on their skiff. The fishing was not real successful although we had to throw most back on account if being to small. We saw a few dolphins. The worst part was when the skiff dug into the water and flooded the boat with a couple inches of water. Friendly captain n crew.