“SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Smokey's

Smokey's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Coolville, Ohio
“SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My boyfriend and I got something from this place EVERY DAY!! The Lemonades were AMAZING! We got a different flavor of lemonade every day and it was worth it ! The pulled pork was great. It was juicy, tender, sauce was good, and most imporatant they don't skimp on the meat!

Pittsburgh, PA
“Be careful - so easy to get addicted!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stopped by Smokey's for a quick lunch early in our vacation week, and went back two more times before the week was over! Wow. That BBQ was really, really good. I had a pulled pork sandwich - so tender, and with sauce that I wish I knew how to make. Lemonade is fantastic and definitely worth the price and the wait - it is made with real lemons, one glass at a time. I confess that I went back before my drive home and got a pulled pork sandwich and a lemonade for the road. Cool place, too - great people, outdoor seating, and games to play while you are waiting or after eating. My only worry is that it will become so popular that we won't be able to get in next year! Maybe I shouldn't have written this review.............

Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Top Shelf Chow”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The service was fast and friendly but it was the "unusual" way that the BBQ food is prepared that really sets it apart. There is a variety of menu items available but the specials stand out and should not be missed.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer T
Baltimore, Maryland
“Juicy and Tender”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This isn't your average BBQ joint. Its simply FABULOUS! Of course they serve pit beef, brisket, pulled pork, ham, ribs, the "normal" meats you see in all BBQ restaurants but they have about 6 or more "speciality" sandwiches that have you smacking your lips and speechless for as long as it takes you to eat them. Get lots of napkins :-) The specialities we tried were Seaside Brisket Sandwich....a tender juicy burger cooked to perfection, somehow seared on both sides without being burnt or dry, then they add brisket and THEN crab dip!! Oh yes, crab dip! Now you understand why I say, get lots of napkins :-) We also tried Smokeys Pulled Pork Burger, that again was a perfect burger, with pulled pork on top and then home made coleslaw! YIKES. Finally, the All or Nothing burger. We got it ALL. You will have to go to see whats involved with this dynamic sandwich.

You also HAVE to try Dave's unique homemade sauces. Blackberry/Pineapple, Peach/mango or Hot and Spicy, just the right amount of heat. They are all so delicious its impossible to choose just one. I liked them so much that I asked if I could buy some!! Never done that. Apparently I'm not alone, others have asked and so Dave will try to bottle it this fall/winter.

The last reason that this place is a MUST to try, is the people who work there. Dave owns it and is hands on cooking and making the sauces. Mark is mastermind behind "the specials" of the day, again unique combo's that can't be found anywhere else and an awesome chef. Trevor at age 11 takes orders and runs the cash register. A finer young man you will never meet. Certainly beyond his years in Customer Service and sweet as pie.
This is the kind of place where you want to spend your money. Treat yourself and thank me later :-)

Virginia
“Excellent BBQ, you won't be disappointed.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My daughter and I visited Smokey’s on August 6 for lunch and it was so good we went back the next day with the whole family – it was that delicious! Our daughter had the beef brisket, our son had the tortilla hamburger, our other son had the crabby bacon burger and I had the pulled pork sandwich platter. Our daughter said the brisket was the best that she had ever eaten; tender and very tasteful. For my pulled pork sandwich platter, I chose french fries and coleslaw. It was one of the best barbecues that I have ever had the pleasure of eating; the meat was tender with a very ample amount of meat with no fat and no hard skin. The french fries were very good and the coleslaw the best I have eaten in a restaurant. Our son’s tortilla hamburger was also very good; it is interesting to note that since the hamburger was wrapped in a soft flour tortilla shell, there was no mess! The hamburger was a little pricey but everything else was reasonably priced. It is an outside eating establishment that serves your food as take out. Having said that, don’t be mislead to think the food is anything but excellent. They also have lots of outdoor games for kids and family to play which made the experience even more enjoyable. The staff was also very friendly. I highly recommend Smokey’s BBQ and we will definitely visit again!