“Good sandwiches”

Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Eat healthy... or not! It's your choice at Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli. We specialize in delicious food and great service. We roast our own turkey and roast beef in the deli, and make all our soups, sides, dressings, and much more. Also, our deli is veggie-friendly and has several gluten-free options. The grocery has a great selection of gluten-free, organic, and vegetarian products, as well as wonderful cheeses, snacks, chocolate, coffee, bread, craft beer and affordable tasty wines. And we love to give you samples of our products!
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I think that for what is available on the island, this is one of the best. The sandwiches were very good. The potatoes with cheese and bacon were undercooked. The service was a bit slow, but they only have one guy making them, so what can you expect? There's no place to sit and eat, but for take-out, it's perfect. And can I add how much I appreciate their offering a $5 bottle of chardonnay for purchase? I've never had a cheaper wine that actually tastes pretty good.

Overall, we'd go here again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

This place has great chili, placed 3rd for People's Choice in the local chili cookoff. Their sandwiches are also good, try the specially sourced piemento cheese.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Felt like paying city prices, but the sandwiches are really good, friendly staff and nice unique items in the store. More of a splurge shopping experience. I got the Italian hogie, was pretty good, my wife had a veggie panini, which was very tasty.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We went here three times in two days because the food was so good. Had a great variety for restricted diets like gluten free or vegetarian. Lots of things you wouldn't find at Food Lion like craft brewed beer, kombucha, etc.

The sandwiches were delicious and the staff was super friendly.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We needed a quick meal for a ride to Virginia Beach. Wanted something goood and decided to try Poseidon's Pantry. They were very accommodating considering we called and asked what was on their menu. Easy to find something for everyone....vegetarian, gluten free, meat eaters.
The rolls were good and crusty and everyone was very pleased with their selection. I would definitely recommend this to anyone and wold go back myself.