“Very good; will go back in an instant; in fact, my wife did and I wish I had”

Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: Eat healthy... or not! It's your choice at Poseidon's Pantry Gourmet Grocery & Deli. We specialize in delicious food and great service. We roast our own turkey and roast beef in the deli, and make all our soups, sides, dressings, and much more. Also, our deli is veggie-friendly and has several gluten-free options. The grocery has a great selection of gluten-free, organic, and vegetarian products, as well as wonderful cheeses, snacks, chocolate, coffee, bread, craft beer and affordable tasty wines. And we love to give you samples of our products!
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very good; will go back in an instant; in fact, my wife did and I wish I had”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is a first rate take-out, which we did and took the food back to the house we are renting. It's really a small gourmet grocery with a deli counter. Lots of gourmet like packaged and prepared to order lunch type food. We both had a very yummy toasted pimento cheese...mine with bacon...on a sort of toasted sub roll. Homemade pimento...a little tang...really very good. Finished things off with an excellent dark chocolate/raspberry candy bar. Oh yes some sort of good bag of chips also. When you've finished hustle down the street to the Creamery...out of sight ice cream in about 30 homemade flavors.

• Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice owners, decent selection”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Poseidon's Pantry has some unexpected items. There homemade sandwiches and deli items are good. They have really tasty freshly baked bread. Their grocery items are a little pricey, I'd recommend going there to meet the owners and get some picnic items.

• Visited April 2014
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great food and nice people! The cheese selection is very good, I love the olive manchego. Remember to take home some house made pimento cheese .. try it on a grilled burger. Besides the YUMMY soups (awesome chili) and sandwiches there are also interesting goodies for beach/boat snacks and lunches. If you seek a new food experience, the highly flavorful "adult" burnt sugar fennel cookies are fantastic...the burnt sugar pieces are rich and chewy while the fennel and spices are sharp and crisp.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank EATWELLCI
College Park, Maryland
“SO happy!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I have to eat gluten-free, which can be a big bummer when I'm out of town and not sure where I can eat safely. I saw others' reviews of Poseiden's Pantry and noticed the gluten free mentions, so we tried it for lunch on our second day in town. The house made pimento cheese (+ I added bacon and tomato relish) toasted on gluten free bread was INCREDIBLE! So, naturally, we went back again the next day. Ham + brie + apple chutney on the second visit was again a hit, but I was wishing I'd gone with pimento cheese again just because it was too good to only have once. Yum! Just go . . .

Visited March 2014
1 Thank LaurelMom
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect source for carpet picnics. They stock brilliant goodies.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Going to Chincoteague off-season led to some disappointments, with restaurants closed.

We stopped at Poseidon's for dinner fair over the weekend. It was past closing time, but another customer was still in the store so we were in luck. I think we stayed a half hour! The owners are friendly foodies. We bought a rustic sourdough-esque loaf, more stuff and my happy "score" was they stock some Tillamook cheese!
We walked out with some insight about the island and two bags of food for a delicious carpet picnic. Back at our inn, we discovered how much in the fridge contents looked to be directly from Poseidon's.

• Visited February 2014