Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
“Saved Us”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We have never been here before so I booked a room based on AAA rating at the Hampton Inn. It was a horrible experience and the beds were terribly uncomfortable. I called looking for a new hotel and the desk clerk, Christie, not only squeezed us in but when I told her it was our anniversary he found us a king room with a water view and left a nice note. Bed is comfy and room very nice. Very satisfied with our stay here at the Fairfield Inn.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am so glad that Cristy was able to get you in and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your time here in Chincoteague. I am glad you enjoyed your treats and hope you had a wonderful Anniversary. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Arriving on the island by myself, I pulled into an Inn down the street which I am familiar with. I loaded my arms up with luggage. 59 rooms; certainly no problem. Booked. Ugh. Out I go and down the street to the new place. Great results. Clerk excellent, room was large w/a large bath area. Linens lovely. View on first floor-not. Seemed the door lended itself to noise slipping in at the base. But, not bad enough to be a problem. Good breakfast and easy walk to Bill's Seafood for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank DK B
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am so glad that we were able to have a room for you that night. I'm happy to hear that the staff was helpful and you enjoyed your room. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chincoteague Island.
Florida
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is either a new Fairfield Inn or newly renovated. Facility is nice, clean and the rooms are large. Staff is super helpful. The hotel is located close to 'downtown', within walking distance to most restaurants.

My only complaint is that the walls are thin. Fair amount of noise from common activities - neighbor talking on phone, doors opening and closing. I was here in the off season so I am not sure how comfortable the hotel would be in high season with lots of coming and going.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AmosMerritt
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that you found your room clean and the staff was able to assist with all your needs during your stay. I apologize for any inconvenience from the thin walls. We are currently working on a solution for that, which we hope will correct the problem for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chincoteague Island.
La Plata, MD
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Valentine's Day for an open house at Salisbury University the next day and were greeted by Ashley at the front desk. She offered an upgrade to our room to which we accepted. We had a room with 2 queen beds, sofa sleeper, desk and bay front view. The breakfast in the morning was the typical sausage(turkey too), scrambled eggs, waffle, cereal, pastries, coffee and juice. It was maintained very well by the attendants both mornings we were there. We had some questions about the island and Sue was very eager to answer our questions and make suggestions. Our only complaint was the walls are really thin and we had the unfortunate experience of hearing our neighbors conversations every single night and they were up late!

• Stayed February 2014
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am happy to hear that both Ashley and Sue were helpful in assisting you throughout your stay. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the thin walls. We are working toward a solution that we feel is best for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to serving you agian during your next stay.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suite was great. I enjoyed the breakfast and the Bay front room was more than expected. This was my second stay. The first stay was in August. We really enjoyed the Restaurant on the property. The food there was great and we had the pleasure of meeting some local people. We were disappointed to see the Restaurant closed and the building abandoned. Hope to see something new there in the near future. We will be back.

Ellen Miller

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ellen M
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your waterfront room. We are getting ready to replace the restaurant next door and hope to have it open by summer. We look forward to your next visit and hope that the restaurant will be completed by then for your enjoyment.
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Fairfield Inn & suites on Chincoteague is a property opened in July 2013 so relatively new and very clean. We arrived on a very windy day and the power was out but returned so we could check in and get settled. We were upgraded to a water view with lagoon-type setting. It was pleasant with a balcony and two chairs. Since it was chilly outside, we enjoyed seeing the seagulls from a distance. Located on Main Street so walkable to some restaurants and close to the bridge which goes off the island. Also, close enough (10 minute car ride) to the Atlantic Ocean which is part of a national park wetlands entrance. There was no entrance fee while we were there but in season may be different. We saw some cranes and the visitor center had some nice exhibits. Good breakfast including waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, pastries, fruit etc. with plenty of seating as the hotel was relatively quiet in late December. Pool is outdoors only. We made use of the two queen size beds with an extra chair or two but no couch in this room. Small refrig. available. Nice shower with plenty of water pressure and fan.

Room Tip: Upper floor with a water view if possible
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SUZSVE
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that you had to experience the power outage upon check in. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the views and wildlife while staying with us. We hope that your next visit will be just as enjoyable!
North East, Maryland
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I am writing this review on our second day of our stay at the Fairfield Inn on Chincoteague Island. Its a beautiful property close to the downtown area of Main Street. Walking distance to shops and several restaurants. The staff has been nothing short of excellent from our arrival through our stay. Its just after Christmas 2013 and there's not much open on the Island but the staff have offered places to go and suggested which restaurants are opened. The room was extremely nice, the balcony looked over the water and the view was spectacular. We would come back again. Recommended.

Room Tip: There's a hot breakfast available with lots to choose from.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear that you found our property clean and the staff accommodating during your stay. With many shops and restaurants closed this time of year, we try and make sure we always have a current list of who is open and places that the guests can go to enjoy their time on the island. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chincoteague.