“would love to return in summer!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island
Trinidad, West Indies
“would love to return in summer!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A new Marriott property in an excellent location, and we were in a huge room. Could easily have housed 6 people, we were three. Overlooking the sound and causeway, sunset is great. Spouse, an environmental engineer, was impressed with the use of recycled decking on even the balconies and for outside chairs, as well as the pool decks. High above the water, it felt like being on a ship. Quite modern and open, would be nice in warmer weather with doors open to outside tables. Having recently stayed at Renaissance and Courtyard Marriotts, did feel the lack of a bar or bistro took away some ambiance, but in summer with the waterside pool and tables, would not have noticed this. Walking distance to historic downtown and some restaurants. Very friendly, helpful staff. Island as a whole did not feel 'open for the season' yet -- some places open for dinner but not lunch, sidewalks torn up, some roads halfway through paving, etc. would like to come again in warmer weather!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, pool view room with a balcony!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites and were able to enjoy one of Chincoteague's spectacular sunsets from your balcony. The town is still trying to "wake" up for the season, and we would love to have you return when the weather is warmer as well. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Palm Bay, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here for 20 days and had a great time with no issues. The hotel staff was great, the food was good, and the room was excellent. I would definitely stay here again and hopefully I will make it back to Chincoteague Island when the weather is better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Everything we do is aimed toward providing the best hotel experience possible. We certainly hope that you will be able to return so we can serve you again!
Virginia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Unless you would like to spend alot of money, the rooms are a little small, but comfortable. As I saw on another review, the walls are a bit thin and we thought that the rooms were warm. The air conditioning cannot be set lower than 68. With a heavy comforter, my husband and I tend to get hot. However, the positive is that the staff is very friendly and the breakfast is great! The breakfast attendant was very friendly and the quality of the meal was excellent. The breakfast area was also large. In many Fairfield's, there isn't enough room for all of the guests.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank debville99
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that the staff was friendly. I do apologize that you were unable to turn your thermostat down below 68. I will certainly look into that situation. We hope that we will be able to serve you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
Hyattsville, Maryland
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Highly recommend this new hotel. Nicely appointed rooms, friendly staff. Spa like bathroom. Great option if you are visiting Chincoteague, walking distance to "historic" downtown Chincoteague and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that they staff was friendly during your stay. We look forward to serving you during your next visit to Chincoteague Island.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed overnight at the Fairfield Inn. It was my first time. I've come to Chincoteague for decades but always stayed at hotel closer to Assateague. Since I'm a Marriott Gold member and they finally got a Marriott at Chincoteague I decided to stay here. The property was built in July 2013 and so has the lovely new hotel look and feel. It is right on the bay and on Main Street, just out of the business district. It took me about 17 minutes to drive from the hotel to the beach at 6 am on a Sunday. This was fine, but may take double the time during the summer.

The rooms are quite small but nicely appointed. The balcony was very nice and the sunset was incredible! The lobby and eating area is bright with lots of tables and natural light. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I've already booked two more stays.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view room if you want see an incredible sunset and watch the ducks!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that the staff was both helpful and friendly through out your stay.I am very happy to hear that you have already booked your return stays with us! We strive to give our guests the best hotel experience we can and your feed back is greatly appreciated! We look forward to serving you on your next stay!
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We have never been here before so I booked a room based on AAA rating at the Hampton Inn. It was a horrible experience and the beds were terribly uncomfortable. I called looking for a new hotel and the desk clerk, Christie, not only squeezed us in but when I told her it was our anniversary he found us a king room with a water view and left a nice note. Bed is comfy and room very nice. Very satisfied with our stay here at the Fairfield Inn.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am so glad that Cristy was able to get you in and you were able to enjoy the remainder of your time here in Chincoteague. I am glad you enjoyed your treats and hope you had a wonderful Anniversary. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!
Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Arriving on the island by myself, I pulled into an Inn down the street which I am familiar with. I loaded my arms up with luggage. 59 rooms; certainly no problem. Booked. Ugh. Out I go and down the street to the new place. Great results. Clerk excellent, room was large w/a large bath area. Linens lovely. View on first floor-not. Seemed the door lended itself to noise slipping in at the base. But, not bad enough to be a problem. Good breakfast and easy walk to Bill's Seafood for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank DK B
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am so glad that we were able to have a room for you that night. I'm happy to hear that the staff was helpful and you enjoyed your room. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chincoteague Island.