“Conflicted......”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island
Clifton Park, New York
“Conflicted......”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

New location with a lot going for it. But some things just don't add up. The view towards the bay is great. But only if you have a room with a balcony. The architect of this place made quite a few rooms in corners - leaving little or no view. Making a standard reservation leaves one needing to check in early to get a bay view. Didn't happen in our case. The air handling system sounds like one is in the bowels of a cruise ship - listening to the engines steam through the water. A dull but annoying sound. And breakfast was typically good Marriott - but someone forgot to tell the cook that scrambled eggs should not be swimming in water. A miss here - a miss there. The pool and the bay view are certainly high points.

Room Tip: Rooms on the West have a bay view. A balcony makes the view all the better. Not sure if you need to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John I
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I certianly understand your desire for a water view room, and apologize that we were unable to accomodate that request on this visit. I hope next time you visit we will be able to give you a room that has the water view you prefer. I apologize for the noise and have had my cheif engineer look into it to make sure everything is functioning properly. These don't normally make a lot of noise. And I can certianly understand your problem with the watery eggs at breakfast. I have spoken with my breakfast attendents working that day as that is not the standard I expect them to keep. We aim to give all of our guest the best hotel experience possible and apologize that we did not meet yours - or our- standards. I hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you visit Chincoteague.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed one night last weekend. The room was very clean and roomy. But the walls are extremely thin!!! We spent the night listening to a toddler crying every 2-3 hours and a couple having a fight in the hall. When I called the front desk at 1:00am to let them know about the fighting couple, she said that the couple was just down stairs fighting...The breakfast was okay, should have a meat along with the eggs. Would NOT stay here if you are a light sleeper! Am heading back to the area soon and will try a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Lynnedeb
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience from the thin walls. We are currently working on a solution for that, which we hope will correct the problem for our guests. We do offer a hot complimentary breakfast every morning with an array of items including turkey sausage, pork sausage and biscuits and gravy. I apologize if sausage wasn't served the morning of your stay. We hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to Chincoteague and allow us the opportunity to better serve you. Please contact me directly to assist you in making a reservation so we can make your stay more comfortable. Thank you again for your review.
Atoka, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 June 2014

5 stars all the way around. What a great stay! Our room was awesome, the hotel is very new and the staff is super friendly. They found out my wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and upgraded us to a King Suite with a balcony. Location is great, you can walk to most restaurants. How many places on the Eastern Seaboard do you get to watch the sun go down over the ocean??? Here you do! We sat on the deck and watched it go below the ocean, absolutely gorgeous sunset. Breakfast was fantastic. The staff was wonderful, they even wandered around with a pot of coffee and refilled ours for us and we were out eating breakfast on the deck. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your recent with us. We value the feedback of our guests. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We strive to make each guests experience wonderful. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the sunset and that the staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chincoteague Island.
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

When we arrived at the hotel on Saturday, we discovered that our reservation had been messed up by a third party booking agency. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer. They had no rooms available the first night so they called and found us a room at another hotel. The second night when we arrived back at the Fairfield Inn, they upgraded our room to a water view and it was lovely! They were so nice and accommodating! We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (though I wish they would have served bacon and sausage with the scrambled eggs). The room was very clean and comfortable and the view was fantastic. We watched the sunset from our balcony. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am so happy to hear that the staff were able to help in finding you accomodations wihen your reservation was incorrect. Everything we do is striving to give our guests the best hotel experience possible. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was great and very accommodating. We mentioned it was our anniversary and they upgraded our room to a suite with a water view which made our stay even nicer. Will definitely go back. They are building a restaurant next door so that will be an plus since the hotel only serves breakfast. Complimentary that is!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our property. I am happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate your needs and upgrade your room. The restaurant next door will be a wonderful addition to the Island and our guests at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Everything about this Fairfield Inn was top rated, i.e., cleanliness, great room with very comfortable bed, great views, good hot breakfast and, most importantly, friendliness of staff who also assisted us in recommending places on the island to eat and giving us brochures from each as well as answering any other travel questions we had. They were all very professional and made us feel at home. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to all our friends.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being on the water side and being able to see a spectacular sunset as well as the fishing...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy the sunsets during your stay. I am happy to hear that your room was clean and comfortable and the staff was accommodating. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island!
CT
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights on an award stay. We were greeted with a very warm welcome from the staff. When we checked into our room, we asked for a roll away bed. Because the room could not accommodate an extra bed, the staff quickly moved us to a larger suite with a pull out sofa. The view was excellent overlooking the bay. Everytime we walked by the front desk or at breakfast the entire team was smiling and asking how we have been enjoying Chincoteague. They all made sure to chat with my kids as well. When one of my kids got sick and we needed to stay another day, the front desk asked how they could help including keeping us in the same room for another night using points. The process was quick and easy. I highly recommend this hotel for anybody staying on Chincoteague. The facility is spotless and every employee there is cheerful and willing to make your stay a comfortable one. Thank you

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool and the bay. Beautiful view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Heidi S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to get you a room that was large enough for your family upon checking in. I am happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful throughout your stay as that is a daily focus for us. I hope your daughter is feeling much better and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chincoteague Island.