“Good place for dinner”
Review of AJ's on the Creek

AJ's on the Creek
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For generations, the folks at AJ's have been passing down delicious seafood recipes from parent to child. We specialize in historically great seafood.
Middletown, NJ
“Good place for dinner”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had the day boat scallops, $24, which were delicious. My husband had the delmonico 13oz steak, $29, which was cooked just right. A salad and baked potato accompanied the meal. The wine we had was $6 a glass. Our waitress was very nice and attentive. They remembered I had asked for a window seat when I called to make a reservation which I thought was impressive.

• Visited June 2014

Maryland
“WE ENJOYED THE LOCALS AT THE BAR”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We weren't up for a full dinner and in reading another review, we decided to hit the bar and see if we could meet and chat with some of the locals - one of my guy's favorite things to do. We did have fun chatting with the locals and hearing their spin on the history of Chincoteague, the families that had been there forever, the pony drives, etc. The service was fine. We ordered a burger to share and it was okay - nothing special. They did have some live music that evening, but it was nothing memorable.

• Visited May 2014
“Was Good ”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on the pricey side even for lunch especially for the portions you receive. I ordered soft shell crabs and they were tiny but very good. The crab soup was really good and came out scolding hot. The place is small and the Lunch menu is very limited. I asked to see the dinner menu out of curiosity and they had a lot more options to choose from. I probably wouldn't go back for Lunch but I would like to try the Dinner menu. The waitress we had was nice and polite. And everyone seemed very friendly that worked there that walked by our table. It's definitely worth a try just wish you got a little more for the money.

Galloway, New Jersey
“Terrible Experience”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The waitress got most of order wrong. The only thing she got right was our appetizer which was very good (but very small). My girlfriend ordered a Caesar Salad but got a Chef Salad. When she politely told the waitress the mistake she said no that's what you ordered. I ordered the Fried Oysters, but instead of giving me the meal she gave me the appetizer. Thought it was pretty obvious we were ordering dinners and not just apps. If it wasn't for our clueless waitress it probably would have been a fine experience, but we still won't be going back. There are better places on the island to eat.

• Visited June 2014
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite on the Island!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is my favorite restaurant on the island. Great seafood all the time! I always get the Caesar salad with blue cheese crumbles and anchovies...sounds weird, but it's delicious! Their 2/$25 menu is a great deal!

Visited June 2014