“Perfect Spot for drinks”
Review of AJ's on the Creek

AJ's on the Creek
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: For generations, the folks at AJ's have been passing down delicious seafood recipes from parent to child. We specialize in historically great seafood.
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Perfect Spot for drinks”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stopped in for drinks and appetizers. Had the she crab soup and coconut shrimp. The waitress was very nice and we sat outside by the creek in screened in space. Perfect.

Seaford, VA
“Did Not Meet Our Minimum Expectations”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The food was less than mediocre; dark and dank atmosphere; weak service. Ironically, our best dining experience on the island is across the street from AJ's at the Village.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank NedwobandReging
Brewster, New York
“Great meal on a great island!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our waiter was extremely friendly and helpful. Raw oysters were delish! My son really loved his dinner of oyster with bacon and scallions in a champagne sauce. It was a hit for all of us.

Visited July 2014
Rockville, Maryland
“Not very good...overpriced for the quality.”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were there for dinner. My husband and three sons ordered dinner entrees which came with either a house salad or ceasar salad. She asked if they wanted blue cheese which two out of three said yes. They assumed it was an option but it was a dollar extra addition. No biggie...but it would been nice if she had clarified that there was an additional charge. I ordered steamed clams which were overlooked and dry. I also ordered the oysters Rockefeller which were not even hot and flavorless. My son's fried oysters were just ok. My other son ordered a pasta with crab dish which was just ok. My husband's fried shrimp was greasy and overlooked. Very disappointing dinner for the price. AJ's tries to be a fancy restaurant but it serves diner quality food.

1 Thank HappyBoys3
Fulton, Maryland
“Very good”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

On a whim we stopped by this place on a Thursday evening. We were surprised how crowded it was! That's a good sign to us.
The place is dimly lit with white tablecloths and candles on the tables, nice ambiance albeit a little loud for my liking. Anyway, I had the shellfish bouillabaisse and my wife the filet mignon. Both were very good.
Our server Dawn was friendly and efficient too!
Overall it was a good experience. We are not rushing to go back there as it was a little pricey, but if you're looking for better dining on the island this place may very well fit the bill.