“Good solid restaturant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Village Restaurant

Village Restaurant
Price range: US$21 - US$44
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good solid restaturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Village Restaurant was good but not great. Most of us had fried seafood. We all agreed it was "typical fried seafood"; just fine; we would go back, but it is not outstanding. For the quality, I would also say it was a little too expensive...prices in line with other dinner places here but not quite as good as a couple of others where we ate. The service was very friendly and helpful. A good family place. Nice casual atmosphere. Go, you won't regret it, but if you have only one "eat out" evening at a good (relatively expensive) place, go to AJ's before Village. We're off to Bill's tonight. Others have said it is better than either of the other two.

Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
“Horrible Service Great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Me and my family were visiting Chincoteague for our spring break trip. We splurge on a nice dinner one night during the trip and decided the Village would the place to go since everyone we asked raved about it. We arrived and were seated with little wait thanks to our reservation. the dinning room was busy as we figured it would be during the holiday weekend. Our waitress Jennifer arrived shortly after to take our drink orders and thats where it went downhill. She didnt return with our drinks for quite sometime and when she did she seemed rushed and too busy to care what our orders were. I understand the restaurant was busy but for the prices on the menu I expect better service to go with it. She was not knowledgeable of the questions asked about the menu items and did little to attempt to care to answer them for us. When we did get our dinner the food was fantastic! The seafood was fresh tasting and cooked perfectly the sides are mediocre but they're not important. As for our waitress we did not see her again till we got our bill! The hostess came by several times to check on us and bring refills. Overall the visit was pleasant the food was great but the server needs to get a better people friendly personality especially if shes going to work in the food industry. We will definitley visit the Village again but will NOT be having her as a server.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The concierge at our hotel recommended this restaurant. I now know why. My meal was huge and delicious! As we were entering the restaurant, a diner leaving the restaurant said that he had the seafood platter and that it was wonderful. I had perused the menu before coming to the restaurant and had already decided to order the seafood platter so his recommendation confirmed my decision. I ordered the seafood platter (fried) and was delighted! The seafood platter had lightly battered scallops, oysters, shrimp, clams, and flounder that were tender and tasty, a delicious crab cake, and a nicely cooked steamed lobster tail. All of the items were perfectly cooked, including the scallops (I have had a lot of bad seafood and this meal reminded me that some rare restaurants can do seafood well.). It was enough food for two large meals, so I ended up talking half of it home. I appreciated the fact that the bread and two sides were included (all of which were delicious). In addition to the great food, the staff was friendly and professional and the view was nice. I will go out of my way to eat at The Village again (and I will definitely make reservations ahead of time so I can get in!). It was wonderful!

Naples, Florida
“Fried oysters on a busy Sunday evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped on the way to OBX. Place was busy and the staff was doing a good job to handle the unusual activity for a Sunday evening. Sat at the bar and had a plate of fried oysters with onion rings. Service was fast and the Meal and Long Island were good. Chincoteague is a pricy place so don't be surprised. Would return.

Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Good basic seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Were there when not too many other restaurants were open so it was nice to find a solid basic seafood place, nothing fancy. The crab cakes were very good.
Good view and service also.