Channel Bass Inn
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$117
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$140
BestWestern.com
Excellent 5/5
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$136
US$116
Agoda.com
Great 4.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$117
Great 4.5/5
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$144
Hampton.com
Excellent 5/5
Island Motor Inn Resort(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$139
Great 4.5/5
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$134
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$110
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbasssconesb bother guestsenglish gardenamazing hostsmexican eggsbed and breakfastinteresting guestscaring hostsenglish teafeel right at homeeach guesta wonderful staybeach equipmentboat tourevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2009

My husband and I recently spent three nights here for a mini-honeymoon, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. The filling, delicious breakfasts were a great way to start the day, and we enjoyed meeting other guests from other states and countries. The rooms are tastefully decorated and well appointed, and at the end of every day, we came back to a spotlessly clean room. The sheets are super-soft, the pillows super-comfortable. The owners help arrange dinner and boat tour reservations and possess a wealth of local information. From beach towels and chairs to bicycles and baskets, they provide everything needed for an enjoyable visit. We hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tarheels123
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I saw one of the previous reviews that said "the bathrooms were a little old", but maybe that's because the Inn itself was built in 1892. If you are looking for a new, modern hotel - this isn't it. I stay at a B&B for rustic charm and old-fashioned hospitality. Both were available in quantity at the Channel Bass Inn. The room was well furnished with classic pieces, and the bed was very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Breakfast was delicious, and I enjoyed sitting down with a family from Germany for the meal. We stayed there as a last-minute arrangement and the innkeepers were very gracious in working with us. It's also the only B&B we found that would accept children under 10, "with well-behaved parents".

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2009

For more than 20 years we have travelled to Chincoteague, staying in homes of friends, renting cottages &, for shorter stays, booking rooms at one or the other of the two waterfront national chain hotels. Our daughter (30) took note of the Inn and its advertised Teas when we were on the Island the weekend of July 4, this year. My wife & she went to a mid-week Tea and came back to the cottage raving about the Inn Keeper Barbara's bountiful Tea, which included sandwiches, scones, desserts and cookies. As a surprise I booked a room (The Scarborough) shortley thereafter as a surprise for our 39th Wedding Anniversary. We spent two nights & were lovingly attended to by Barbara, her husband David, & staff. The Inn is perfect for a long weekend, if you just want to get away and not worry about gathering up beach paraphanalia. It's like staying at a friend's house in the country. No plasma TVs (not TVs at all), no phones in the room, no Jacuzzi ... but lots of good books, comfy furniture, impeccable linens, and very special breakfasts, & Teas (the latter if you wish to partake, offered 3 times a week). The garden is a truly English cottage garden, brimming over with phlox, trumpet vine, and divided into quaint outdoor rooms, and cats that doze in the sun. The best aspect of one's stay is Barbara's attentiveness & kindnesses. One example, when she saw in my hand a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses, she all but insisted that we must have the loan of her silver champagne cooler, proper champagne glasses and a tea towel. Barbara previously worked at the British embassy & everything one might associate with diplomacy, jolly good fun and the best of England, Barbara personifies. David, her husband, clearly has had a full life, doing other things, but he now he is a stalwart soldier, more than doing his duty in Barbara's campaign to win all persons over by ever being a charming, gracious hostess.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Topcliffe room. Our room was spacious with a couch and a huge king sized bed. The sheets on the bed were soft and luxurious. We loved the triple sheeting that allowed for warmth without the bulk of a comforter. Our window air conditioner kept the room cool during the heat and humidity of the summer. One of the windows offered a distant view of the bay which was nice. The bathroom was a decent size with a deep tub and a small refrigerator tucked in the closet. That came in handy for bottled water and wine. I loved that the medicine cabinet really opened so that I could store bathroom items in it. There was plenty of closet space throughout the room as well. We also had a dresser that held all of our clothing quite easily. We LOVED our room. Housekeeping did a great job, and our room was consistently clean. It was also very quiet. The only thing we heard was an occasional door slamming as a guest left or came back to a room nearby.
Breakfast was very nice. Barbara is a wonderful cook. There were breads, fresh fruit, and eggs every morning. My personal favorites were the blueberry muffins, croissants, and the granola topped with a hot fruit something. I'm not sure what it's called, unfortunately. The coffee is good strong real coffee, and my husband and daughter loved the Yorkshire Tea. The dining room has ambience with lovely sconces that project butterflies on the wall. I also loved the cloth napkins, table linens, and cute little napkin holders. If you have a chance, afternoon tea is a MUST! My husband loved the little sandwiches, and I loved the ginger scones. I can't describe them well enough, but they were phenomenal! The pecan tart was also delicious. Everything was homemade and delightful.
Barbara made our dinner reservations for both evenings that we dined on the island. Both The Village and Bill's were nice. Bill's even sang and put a candle in my daughter's dessert for her birthday after Barabara made our reservation and told them that it was a birthday dinner. The food at Bill's was spectacular! It was a little expensive, but it was worth every penny! Barbara, her husband, and her daughter were all extremely friendly and attentive to our needs. We were asked what we were going to do, how the food was, and if a boat ride or anything needed to be booked for us. I loved having Barabara as a concierge, cook, and innkeeper! She's awesome!
I would highly recommend this inn, and I especially liked feeling like a part of an extended family while staying at the inn. It felt as if everyone was part of one huge interesting family. I LOVED it at the Channel Bass Inn!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Channel Bass Inn for 4 nights in July for a mini-vacation. It was the best bed and breakfast we have stayed at! Barbara and David were fantastic hosts-we felt like we were part of the family! They went out of their way to make us feel at home: from lending us beach chairs and umbrellas each day to filling our water bottles with ice water, we truly felt welcomed.

Barbara's breakfasts were out of this world. Each day there was something new and better on the menu! And we never had to eat lunch because the breakfasts were so delicious and filling. Barbara's afternoon tea was also especially wonderful! We would go back to the Channel Bass Inn just for the food!

The rooms were wonderfully appointed and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed at one of the rooms on the third floor, and even though the inn was full during our stay, our room was extremely quiet and we never heard other guests come and go.

Barbara and David have done a wonderful job with the Inn and my husband and I can't wait to go back soon!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple