“George Costanza should have ordered Clams Casino here”

Steamers Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“George Costanza should have ordered Clams Casino here”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Arrived before the "summer season" and no buffet, but that's OK, they had 1/2 price apps and $2 or $3 yuengling and Heavy Seas drafts. These apps are enough for a meal. In fact, I like this concept because it allows you to try more than one dish. Everything was amazing. I will defintiely be back for the 1/2 price apps. The place was busy and it showed as it took about 30 minutes to get the food, but that's expected and we were told it would be a while and the waitress and waiter handled it with class. The wait was well worth it as my wife and I had stellar food. Clams Casino that George Costanza would not get sick off. Yeah, these baby's were big and stuffed with bacon and cheese. The oysters on the half shell were bursting with local freshness. The crab dip was so good that my wife, who is not a seafood fan, liked it. Everything was in the right proportion. The wings were meaty with enough sauce to make it fun. So, if you're looking for a relaxing place to grab some beers and good seafood in a fun atmosphere this is the place. They don't always have 1/2 price apps, so it's best to call or check their website. This place is also one of the few on the island that's open past 7 so that's a plus right there.

• Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food for late night”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

After 10 at night this is one of the few choices around and it was even suggested by another restaurant that was closing for the night. The bar was open so we went in. My wife ordered crab cakes I ordered shrimp and we shared a crab dip. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! The first for crab dip and crab cakes and I would eat again in a heartbeat!

“Will not go back!”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived at 4:25 and were seated quickly. They open at 4:30. Party of 6 plus a 18 month old. The waiter was Bert. He explained the menu and that was helpful. My son had been here before and loved it. Well not now. He ordered the Blue Crab and Shrimp all you can eat. The All You Can Eat menu is written on a very large chalkboard. Well many minutes after ordering the waiter came back to say they didn't have any blue crabs. REALLY he didn't know that before my son ordered it plus most to big board has many all you can eat with steamed blue crabs. Well can I have snow crabs and shrimp for the same price as the blue crabs and shrimp. NO I can't do that. My son said well I guess I will get the all you can eat shrimp. All of us got our food and he was waiting and waiting and nothing to eat. When you order all you can eat you get a basket of fried food. They should of sent that out so he could eat something. My husband got the steak and shrimp and said it was good. The shrimp I had was good but some were over cooked. Some of my husbands shrimp were cool. SO my son changed mind about the all you can eat shrimp. He got the steak and crab cake. Bert was good about this and made the change. It took a long time to get refills on our drinks. The other people said their food was so so. I think prices were too high. The all you can eat shrimp is $31.99. The all you can eat everything is $45.99. They bring it out to you. The place is very kid friendly. Of course we have a 18 month old with us and he did very well during the 2 hour dinner. It was very disappointing for my son who has just returned from Kuwait. He was looking forward to this dinner out with his family on Father's Day. He also felt bad about recommending it after all the problems we had. It takes us about an hour to get there from where we live.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheEasternShoreBoop
Thurmont, Maryland, United States
“No blue crabs (sad face)”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Be sure you call before you go if you are looking for AYCE steamed blue crabs. Over the past several years we have vacationed in a Chincoteague, we have wanted to eat crabs here but they don't have them more often than they do. We settled for snow crab legs and steamed shrimp. They were both very good but didn't make up for the disappointment of not having blue crabs..

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Kris W
Tampa, Florida
“Kinda not so great...”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My 14 year old was begging us to go to this all you can eat crab and shrimp restaurant during our stay on Chincotegue. Tonight, our last night on the island, we decided to give it a try. First disappointment were the prices - over $40 per person for all you can eat (which, granted consisted of a HUGE meal that would be almost impossible to eat, included salad, hush puppies, soup, corn on the cob, chicken tenders, and 3-4 more things I can't remember). My husband ordered the stuffed shrimp and my son had a scallop, shrimp crab, cheese covered baked plate that they both agreed was mediocre to OK. I ordered the Chicken Parmigiana (not a seafood eater) and all I can say was...YUCK! It was a HUGE piece of THICK chicken, but the worse part was, it was deep fried in...the same oil as all the fried seafood, so it tasted like seafood chicken...not good. Our waiter, Burt was extremely nice, friendly and helpful!!! He went out of his way to help us buy some TShirts that are actually staff uniforms ( for some reason they don't sell their own TShirts to the public - come on, who doesn't want a shirt that says "I got crabs in Chincoteague island" ) My husband thought this was a classic! So, I guess my review is that if you have non-seafood eaters, go somewhere else, but if you like all you can eat, bring your checkbook for a casual dining experience.

• Visited June 2014