“Our families favorite vacation desintation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Holiday Cottages
McKeesport
“Our families favorite vacation desintation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

We enjoyed our family vacation at Holiday Cottages, They were clean, comfortable, and the aminities, pool, BBq equipment, Clean rooms and beds, and fully equip. kitchen. although I didnt need to cook for a week.(Whoot whoot) . everythg was there if I had needed it.. My son and his friend enjoyed the pool in the evenings. and I enjoyed the horse pin in the back of our cottage, The deer on the meadow out back was awesome and enjoyed by us all. and for those creeped on the graveyard, We had made it a history lesson, The Islands first inhabitants are there to remind us the history of the Island, it was very interesting to see some of the oldest graves ,I have ever seen. We are coming again in Aug which is not soon enough for me..., This next trip we are bringing my Sister her daughter and grand babies, They will be getting a cottage also, next to ours..So they too can experience all that the Island has to offer. The Filotei's..

3 Thank Rdsunshine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

The cottages were exactly what I was expecting. They are nothing fancy but they are extremely clean and well kept. We had a family of 5 stay without any problem. Conveniently located near the entrance of the island and the downtown shops. Only a 5 - 10 minute drive to Assateague Island. I would definitely stay here again with my family.

3 Thank Joe R
NE Pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We enjoyed out stay in our quiet, quaint little cottage. Keep in mind, this is 'old chincoteague'. This is not the Oriental or the Four Seasons. Clean and comfortable, roomy and nice. Central air, a well stocked linen closet, with trash bags, newspapers and a crab pot for your crab feast and little charcoal grills. The pool is nice and big, landscaping was well maintained and a fun 1/2 of a boat sandbox for the kids. Loved the ducks! We will be going back .

Room Tip: We stayed on the side next to the cemetery. Our kids didn't mind and it was restful.
3 Thank boxermachine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was my third straight year on Chincoteague Island and my third straight year at Holiday Cottages. The grounds and rooms are clean and inviting. My two small children talk about this place the entire 51 weeks we are away. There are indeed *many* ducks on the premises that seem as comfortable on the property as the guests; the docile birds are fun for the entire family to feed. Main Street is an effortless walk, even in Virginia's August heat. Assateague Island, and its seashore, is a fifteen minute drive or so away. Leave early - Assateague has *one* beach which crowds early. My family has reserved again for next year, as I have yet to see the Holiday Cottages ever show a "Vacancy" in these three years.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank WhiteWalkerGuy
Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have been to Holiday cottages a couple of times and have never had a problem. I will be returning this summer for a short stay. These cottages are so cute and the staff is wonderful. It has all you need for a nice, quiet get away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Northern VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband has stayed there several times, while working at Wallops. This trip is for 3 months or longer. It is not a 5 star Hilton, in appearance, but you feel as though it is with the hospitality they offer. Most all places on the Island are of that era and style. He has stayed in a few different cottages they offer, and all were the same. Very clean, with all the basics needed in order to enjoy a nice visit in Chincoteague. On several occasions I have had the chance to visit him. I can honestly say, nothing was ever dirty and I never have had anything to complain about. I love that you can pull right up to your door and have everything unloaded in a matter of minutes. My boys are grown, but I can say 100%, without a doubt, they would have loved the boat at the playground.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ZooKeeperof9
Millsboro, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

Holiday Cottages have become a part of our family. The management is wonderful and housekeeping does a great job. You have all the comforts of home while vacationing. This means alot to a family with children. You can cook meals from home indoors and still have the option to have a cook out and roast marshmallows. My parents took me and my siblings there when we were very young I believe it was in the 80's then. When I became a young adult my spouse and I started coming and even stayed in the cottage that I did as a child. Still to this day my entire family comes and stays. As a matter of fact..in June..we are going to be coming down and the trip will consist of my sister with her spouse and children, my parents, and now my sons who are 18 now and had been coming since they were 2 are coming and renting their own cottage. My husband and our young children will be coming as well. Chincoteague is a beautiful place to visit and you get just what you were looking for in a family vacation. Quality time spent with your family and fun for all while spending time in a place that makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family