“The best family vacation”
Review of Holiday Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Holiday Cottages
Mohnton, Pennsylvania
“The best family vacation”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My family spent our yearly Chincoteague vacations at the Holiday Cottages from 1999-2011. Me, my parents, and 2 siblings. It is THE perfect place for families to stay. As kids, we made friends that we still keep in touch with every year we go back to this beautiful island. The only reason we switched places was because I got married and there wasn't enough room for 6 adults to fit comfortably. However, I hope in the future (once I have children) we will stay here again. The cottages are a decent size, everything for cooking is already there, the pool and playground are great, and linens are provided (as much as you need). If you want to stay somewhere that will help make lasting memories, I highly suggest the Holiday Cottages. I truly miss staying there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Salisbury, Maryland
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at Holiday Cottages. The staff was friendly and helpful, the pool was great for the kids, and the cottage was very well kept and clean. My very first thought as soon as we opened the cottage door was how much it reminded me of staying at my grandparents! Not fancy but exactly what we needed to enjoy our time in Chincoteague. The cottage was large enough for our 4 person family (2 adults, 2 kids under 10), the living area of the cottage was more than adequate for all of us to hang out in. We were in a 1 bedroom cottage and did not hear the family on the other side of our unit at all. It would be a great place for multiple families to vacation together, and I have already begun to recruit families to accompany us on vacation next year! I would highly recommend Holiday Cottages to anyone looking for an inexpensive vacation rental!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Erin C
McKeesport
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We enjoyed our family vacation at Holiday Cottages, They were clean, comfortable, and the aminities, pool, BBq equipment, Clean rooms and beds, and fully equip. kitchen. although I didnt need to cook for a week.(Whoot whoot) . everythg was there if I had needed it.. My son and his friend enjoyed the pool in the evenings. and I enjoyed the horse pin in the back of our cottage, The deer on the meadow out back was awesome and enjoyed by us all. and for those creeped on the graveyard, We had made it a history lesson, The Islands first inhabitants are there to remind us the history of the Island, it was very interesting to see some of the oldest graves ,I have ever seen. We are coming again in Aug which is not soon enough for me..., This next trip we are bringing my Sister her daughter and grand babies, They will be getting a cottage also, next to ours..So they too can experience all that the Island has to offer. The Filotei's..

3 Thank Rdsunshine
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The cottages were exactly what I was expecting. They are nothing fancy but they are extremely clean and well kept. We had a family of 5 stay without any problem. Conveniently located near the entrance of the island and the downtown shops. Only a 5 - 10 minute drive to Assateague Island. I would definitely stay here again with my family.

3 Thank Joe R
NE Pa
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We enjoyed out stay in our quiet, quaint little cottage. Keep in mind, this is 'old chincoteague'. This is not the Oriental or the Four Seasons. Clean and comfortable, roomy and nice. Central air, a well stocked linen closet, with trash bags, newspapers and a crab pot for your crab feast and little charcoal grills. The pool is nice and big, landscaping was well maintained and a fun 1/2 of a boat sandbox for the kids. Loved the ducks! We will be going back .

Room Tip: We stayed on the side next to the cemetery. Our kids didn't mind and it was restful.
3 Thank boxermachine
Reviewed 10 August 2012

This was my third straight year on Chincoteague Island and my third straight year at Holiday Cottages. The grounds and rooms are clean and inviting. My two small children talk about this place the entire 51 weeks we are away. There are indeed *many* ducks on the premises that seem as comfortable on the property as the guests; the docile birds are fun for the entire family to feed. Main Street is an effortless walk, even in Virginia's August heat. Assateague Island, and its seashore, is a fifteen minute drive or so away. Leave early - Assateague has *one* beach which crowds early. My family has reserved again for next year, as I have yet to see the Holiday Cottages ever show a "Vacancy" in these three years.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank WhiteWalkerGuy
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have been to Holiday cottages a couple of times and have never had a problem. I will be returning this summer for a short stay. These cottages are so cute and the staff is wonderful. It has all you need for a nice, quiet get away.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends