“Great place to stay!”
Review of Sea Hawk Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Sea Hawk Motel
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed a couple nights in the regular motel rooms then moved over to the efficiency rooms which are 2 bedrooms, eat-in kitchen, full bath and living room. No matter the room we stayed in they were very clean. I met the owner and he went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant and enjoyable as possible

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bunkshaner

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family and I have been vacationing at Chincotegue for the past 11 years. We ALWAYS reserve at Sea Hawk Motel. The owners are friendly and make you feel very welcomed. My daughter loves to pop in the front office to snuggle with the big black lab. The price can't be beat. The rooms are not fancy, but are clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff is quick and efficient. Beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are clean. The pool is always spotless and has nice seating and tables poolside so adults can relax while watching children swim. Grills are available for cooking outside and we always utilize the deck and gazebo seating to eat dinner outside. Nice playground with shading for children. Parking is plentiful and spots are available directly in front of your room. We leave our swimsuits and towels out overnight to dry and have never had an issue with items being stolen. Location is AMAZING! Located on Maddox and within walking distance of restaurants, ice cream shops and dollar store. We have stayed at other motels when booking last minute and no rooms were available at Sea Hawk. We were very disappointed in the difference of quality. Love it here and will always be the Dixon's go-to vacation spot!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Jldixon07
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Should have listened to other reviewers. The room had a very unpleasant smell. It was also buggy. Would not stay here again. Families enjoyed the playground. Good location. $79 room ended up being $100 with taxes. I would stay elsewhere

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had to stay on Chincoteague Island for an extended period of time and this was a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and safe. We left our bikes outside the room and never had to worry about them being stolen. I like the fact you can park directly in front of your room. No elevators, stairs or hallways. Great when carrying in luggage and groceries. Nice kitchens so you can cook all the great seafood available on the Island, or you can use the charcoal and gas grills. They have a covered picnic area and playground for the kids. It's family owned and they are the nicest people you will meet. The location could not be better. Great food at Steamers and ice cream at the Creamery just across the street, and can ride bikes to access all the great stores downtown. Great place and I will definitely be planning a family vacation here!

Room Tip: Ask for one pool side and get the added pleasure of feeding the ducks and seeing all that is going o...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent several days here with my family. My kids loved the pool and playground. They also had a grill area which we did not use but it looked very nice. This is a family run motel and it is an older property than some of the others on the island. It is very centrally located right across from the Island Creamery ice cream shop. I found the staff friendly and accommodating. I will say that we stayed just the week before school went back so it was not as crowded a it would be earlier in the summer or especially Pony Week. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The motel is basically two strips of motel rooms, one behind the other. If you want to be able to s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you are looking for a clean, safe and affordable place to stay and have easy access to all the sights in Chincoteague, VA try Sea Hawk Motel.
I am old school, I still like driving right up to my room and not have to deal with elevators, stairs and hallways. The owners are as nice as you will meet. I will stay here on my next trip to Chincoteague.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank George M
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The owner of this place is rude and fraudulent. We couldn't even check out because there was no one present at the motel. The facilities were disgusting and to top it off, we were fraudulently charged 75 dollars for a made up cleaning fee. The owner had no record of this and could not even provide a receipt. SCAM ARTIST!!!! Dirty hotel!!!! Avoid at all costs!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family