Run by a very nice young couple, who are trying but don't give the impression of having much hotel experience. Musty, moldy stench the moment you open the room is overwhelming - not a smell one gets 'used to' after being in a room for a while. Smells as though it were flooded, after which carpets were never replaced. Wi-Fi didn't work AT ALL! Took hours to even find it in 'settings' and even then, password didn't work. Called the office, she said that she'd reset the router, but Nothing. Decor and mattresses were ok. AC and shower water pressure was great. Would've appreciated sugar & creamers with complementary coffee. Pool was not the least bit inviting, not the cleanest and seemed to be more for the manager's family's personal use than for guests. Built-in planters along entire length of walkway to rooms on both levels neglected, which isn't a big deal, but 1 more lack of attention to detail and stands out in Chincoteague, where even the most modest of homes have well kept yards. I hope they replace the carpets, maybe paint or replace drapes, anything to get rid of the smell - which is the only way to make a success of a great location. Wish them well, but would not stay here again. Lastly, returned home to learn my credit card was charged twice for the deposit, trying to resolve that now with my credit card provider.
Property: The Lighthouse InnAddress: 4218 Main St., Chincoteague Island, VA 23336
Region: United States > Virginia > Chincoteague Island
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Chincoteague Island
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — The Lighthouse Inn 2*
Number of rooms: 16
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to enjoy a relaxing stay at the historic Lighthouse Inn! Our location is absolutely perfect! We're located right in the heart of the island, just a short walk to shopping, dining, and those fabulous local artist studios on Main Street and Maddox Boulevard. It's only a very short drive to the National Park and the Wildlife Refuge where you will find a beautiful beach and the famous wild Chincoteague ponies. The Lighthouse Inn offers comfortable rooms in a family friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your The Lighthouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Lighthouse Motel Chincoteague Island