My fiancé and I visited the island for the first time for a short weekend trip. We inadvertently came across this hotel when our prior arrangements fell through. We were in a panic because all of the other "chain" hotels were booked. We were not expecting much, considering the price. We inquired at the front desk with the loveliest couple (the owners) about availability. Luckily they had a room for us! We were quite pleased with the location. Really couldn't get a better location. It is right in the middle of the town and close to the beach. The beds were actually pretty comfortable. The room was spacious and had tile flooring, which is perfect because it can be sanitized and sand can easily be swept off the floor. The pool was clean and landscaping was nice. Very relaxed and laid back! I just can not express how friendly the owners are. They definitely would go out of their way to accommodate their guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come to enjoy a relaxing stay at the historic Lighthouse Inn! Our location is absolutely perfect! We're located right in the heart of the island, just a short walk to shopping, dining, and those fabulous local artist studios on Main Street and Maddox Boulevard. It's only a very short drive to the National Park and the Wildlife Refuge where you will find a beautiful beach and the famous wild Chincoteague ponies. The Lighthouse Inn offers comfortable rooms in a family friendly atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Lighthouse Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lighthouse Hotel Chincoteague Island
- Lighthouse Motel Chincoteague Island