“Don's Seafood Restaurant - Best Oysters”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Don's Seafood Restaurant - Best Oysters”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We knew we were fans of the Chesapeake Bay Oysters, but eating the home-grown Chincoteague Oysters at Don's took oyster eating to another level. Excellent. Went back twice on our short trip. Our seafood meals were also very good, and the staff friendly and knowledgeable.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Streetsofphiladelphi

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good food without "Fine dining"”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband & I finally tried out Don's this year and I must say...it was pretty good. The atmosphere was very nice and the staff is more than friendly :) The food was very good and the price wasn't bad. I would recommend it - especially if looking for good food with a larger crowd - I could see this being a great place for larger groups!

1 Thank ChrissyAdventures
Galloway, New Jersey
“Great Seafood”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our waitress was very nice, my fried oysters were really good and the Cream of Crab soup was amazing. We sat upstairs and had a wonderful view of the water. Prices were also great, especially for seafood. Great location and great food, I definitely will be going back my next visit to Chincoteague.

Woodstock, Virginia
“Good Food”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The restaurant has a variety of dishes on the menu. Don's run specials every day. The meals have always been fresh and tasty.

Visited May 2014
Chincoteague Island, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Oyster Rockefeller and Cod! Best Coconut Cream Pie I've ever had in my life!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My Husband and I went to Don's this last Saturday and had the best Oyster Rockefeller I've ever had in my life! Don's has the best oysters that I've ever had (I even tried a raw one on a previous visit) so it only makes sense that this dish would be amazing. Don's has their own Oyster and clam farm! Absolutely delicious and so fresh!
The Rockefeller had a spinach Creme topping, drizzled with delicate hollandaise sauce and infused with candied, high quality hickory bacon. This appetizer was a perfectly balanced, flavorful and a delight to eat.
Next we had crab stuffed pretzels as a second appetizer. Ii was so big that I brought half of it home! A oval pretzel bowl; tender on the inside and slightly crispy on the outside-just the right amount of crunch! The filling had crab meat, Cream cheese, a subtle blend of spices,melted cheddar cheese on top, and finished with sun dried tomato. This was rich and satisfying....the perfect comfort food!
For our meal we had the baked cod fish special which was prepared in a way that was new to me. The cod was brushed with a light coating of butter, and topped with a unique topping. The topping tasted like buttery bread crumbles, chopped shallots, spices, and 'surprise' popcorn shrimp! Amazingly flavorful, flaky white fish!
The coconut cream pie is SO, SO Delicious! Delicately creamy and not too excessively sweet! It has toasted cocoanut on top and is the best p! The cream filling is beyond words delicious! We really enjoyed our meal!

1 Thank Susan S