“Great place for lunch or dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Don's Seafood Restaurant

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Great place for lunch or dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Make a reservation on Sunday for the buffet as they get packed. One of the few places on the island with a salad bar. Have eaten there several times and have not had a bad meal.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
“A Fun Place to Stop for Seafood on Main Street”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My husband, myself, and our 7-month-old son ate dinner here during our stay in Chincoteague. If you don't want to wait, you'll need to make reservations, so we did and it was worthwhile. We experienced very friendly service, particularly from our waitress who complimented our son and asked if we needed anything for him.

The restaurant itself is small but very comfortable, and it's nice to walk around town before and after.

We shared the crab dip for an appetizer, which was delicious - apparently something Don's is known for. I ordered the blackened sea scallops, which were delightfully spicy and came with cocktail sauce. For my side dishes, I got the sliced apples (sweetly baked with cinnamon) and salad bar, which were both very good. My husband got the "seafood dream", which was shrimp, crab, & scallops in melted mozzarella cheese, which was very good as well. Everything came out in a timely manner, and we really enjoyed our meal.

We thought we would go back, but we didn't end up making it back a 2nd time this trip. I would recommend Don's, however, to anyone visiting Chincoteague and wanting a casual, friendly dinner with great seafood!

• Visited July 2014
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

In a town with excellent dining, Don's is average at best. I have eaten here several times over many years and still just average.

Savannah, Georgia
“We loved it!! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My mom ate here years ago and brought me and my two boys here for dinner while we were on the island for the pony swim. We all loved the crab soup and the crab balls are amazing!! We tried a couple of other restaurants but this is the best seafood on the island! We will definitely be back the next time we visit Chincoteague.

Millsboro, Delaware
“Great fresh seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great fresh seafood super New England Clam Chowder , Great service and View of the water. Reasonably priced. and homemade potato chips..

Very extensive menu and fresh salt oysters in stew or sandwiches.