“Worth the visit, great food.”

Don's Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Local Favorite Since 1973. Located in the Heart of Downtown Chincoteague. Oysters & Clams on the Half-Shell. Great place for Family Gatherings, Parties,& Meetings
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“Worth the visit, great food.”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We went to Don's on our last night on the island and had a wonderful meal. I had the Breaded shrimp and steamed clams. The clams were excellent. The service was great. Daughter had the NY strip and it was cooked to perfection and tasted great. I know there are a lot of negative reviews about "Double tipping" On several pages of the menu there in BOLD lettering it says that on party's of 6 or more 18% gratuity is added to your bill. I believe it is both fault of the servers for not mentioning and the customer for not reading it on the menu. Looking forward to going back to Don's when we are back in town.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank cecoleman82

Amherst, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple, but truly excellent seafood”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have been eating at Don's Seafood since 1993 every time we visited Chincoteague. Although they have recently renovated the restaurant, it remains a simple place with a simple but excellent menu. Everything is and has always been consistently delicious. Their signature preparation (flounder stuffed with crab meat) is superb and the raw clams and oysters are to die for. Don's has its own sea farm (which we visited during a boat trip) and their shell fish is always super fresh. I had them days in a raw with never a problem. The wine list has limited choices but we could always find a good match to our meal.

If you like simple but genuine and fresh seafood, you will love this place. Highly recommended.

Frederick, Maryland
“No frills - best oysters and clams on the island”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Don's is a no-frills family restaurant. It serves mainly seafood, with a few meat and chicken dishes. We had the oysters, raw and fried. The raw oysters came on a cafeteria tray - icy cold, sweet and briny. The best oysters I have had in years - and definitely the best on the island (and we had many excellent ones). The fried oysters were lightly breaded, crisp outside, and tender inside.and cooked just right. My son had the clam strips - briny and sweet - super fresh, cooked until just tender - almost succulent. Don's grows their own clams and oysters, and the freshness is evident in the dishes. The restaurant has vinyl table cloths, but fresh roses on the tables. Service was prompt and pleasant. The wait was shorter than predicted, and the host texted us, while we were enjoying the waterfront park during the wait.

Millington, Maryland
“a bit of a disappointment”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This resta was highly recommended by a friend and ourvmotel staff. Was expecting much better meal. Service was poor, but appeared to be isolated to our server. Food was not hot when it came to our table but server didn't come back for a long time after serving. We ate what we could. Shrimp in Alfredo were cold and were obviously not fresh, but frozen.

Bloomfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Becareful of bill”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Food was awesome, service was great, been coming here for about 7 years. When we go to diner it can vary from 7-15 people. Was there this past week, ate there 3 times, then someone pointed out to me that the tip was included. I tip a minimum of 20% all my bills were in the 300$ range. So i find out that not only am i tipping twice i am tipping on the tipping that they put on the bill which in my calculations i over paid 40-50 dollars PER MEAL !! Very disappointed, feel i was taken advantage of. Im sure they knew getting a 40% tip was a bit exsessive. I wear glasses and the majority of the time I ask one of my kids to read me the amount so they arnt looking for anything but the number. Will I go back YES will i leave a tip other than what is on the receipt HELL NO. Really feel duped

• Visited August 2014