“Perfect B&B Experience!”

Cedar Gables Seaside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Cedar Gables Seaside Inn
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My husband and I just got back from Chincoteague Island for our honeymoon ("minimoon" actually; 3 days) and we could not have picked a better spot. The time of year was beautiful and Cedar Gables set the standard for me for any B&B I go to from now on. The breakfast was wonderful, although there wasn't a single day that I was able to finish it because it was so much (delicious!) food. Staff was friendly and other guests too, but there wasn't pressure to sit and socialize with others for hours. Our room was beautiful and comfortable, and we had the greatest view of the water and Assateague Island. I would do this again in a heartbeat, maybe even for our one year anniversary!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sberninger

Reviewed 26 August 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights. The inn was great--clean, private, and comfortable. The private deck was phenomenal with the best views on the island. Breakfasts were very tasty, but after being served omelettes every single morning for 3 days in the row, we came to realize that's all that's ever served for breakfast. So, if you love omelettes, you've come to the right place. The crabmeat omelette is especially to be recommended, but being served the same breakfast every morning is quite unusual for a bed and breakfast, and the owners should try to vary it up a bit more. Also, it appears that certain things, such as the pool or the dock, are available to guests, but one has to ask to use them, rather than them being openly accessible. The pool was covered the entire time we were there in the middle of summer--we didn't care since we went to the beach every day--but upon checkout we did inquire and were told that it was open. So ask, if you'd like to use it. Hosts were very friendly, and the dinner recommendations that were made to us were quite phenomenal--we've rarely if ever had such fresh and tasty crabs and oysters. Definitely a couple's type of place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kg07
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The Cedar Gables is a beautiful B&B in a picture-perfect location on the island. Waking up every morning with a waterfront view is an intangible but irreplaceable part of a stay at this Chincoteague establishment. The breakfasts were great, served on their screened-in waterfront deck, and the rooms are exceedingly well-kept and spacious. We would've used the private deck for our room if not for the swarms of August mosquitoes outside! The location is also convenient for everything on the island.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTPGoHoos
Reviewed 10 October 2008

What an excllent B and B. The location, rooms detail and food were exceptional. Would reccomend as one of the nicest b and b we have ever stayed. Thank you for a wonderful romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greektravelers
Reviewed 27 June 2007

Staying at a B&B always seems like a good idea until you think about the fact that you can't just plop down on a bed in front of a tv set and become a vegetable because there is no tv in your room; that you have to go through the common living quarters meeting other guests you have to talk with because you're in a house after all; that you're really not alone to totally relax. Well, at Cedar Gables, B&B life is very different--and fulfills in every way your need to relax. First, your living quarters have their own entrance; you don't go through anyone else's living room. You have an apartmentlike room with a view--of the wonderfully calm and musical Chincoteague waterways. And at breakfast it is made clear that talking to anyone else is your decision. As it turned out, both the owner Claudia and the server Kitty were very welcome conversationalists, ready to share ideas about many things. I have been coming to Chincoteague for 25 years and I learned more about the place as life is lived every day there than I ever had before. Attention to detail where it counts is a specialty at Cedar Gables: for example, Claudia noticed that I hadn't touched my breakfast potatoes two days in a row, so on the third day she had Kitty bring me less than half the portion without saying a word, making me feel comfortable about not wasting. I have stayed in other B&Bs, hotels and rented homes on Chincoteague for 25 years. Cedar Gables will be my first choice going forward. My husband concurs.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank jackye
Reviewed 1 March 2007

My husband & I booked this inn for 2 nights for my birthday. We arrived on Friday night and "The Oriental Suite" was very nice along with the oversized jacuzzi tub in the very large bathroom. The gas fireplace was a nice touch also; especially since it was freezing outside.

While I had been having health issues prior to our trip I thought I could have a nice relaxing weekend. But, these feelings were short lived as I became sicker by the minute. We ended up leaving at 2am without saying a word to anyone; since I didn't want to awaken the innkeepers. My husband drove 3 hrs back to DE & took me straight to the hospital where I stayed for the next 5 days. My husband called the inn and left a message stating what happened.

I was very surprised to see that the inn only charged us for 1 night since I had originally booked 2 nights.

We hope to make the trip back to Cedar Gables soon so we can experience everything the inn has to offer!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 3 January 2007

My Husband and I were married in Chincoteague last spring and were looking to return for a long weekend in the summer. Having tried out several of the islands B&B's, we were delighted to come to Cedar Gables. Our room was skillfully decorated, comfortable and clean. The pool and hot tub were very enjoyable in the warm weather, and nicely located by the water. Breakfast was also fablulous. We had such a great time, we are planning to return for our first anniversary!

Thanks again- Leslie and Casey

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)