“Very Nice Inn”

Cedar Gables Seaside Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Cedar Gables Seaside Inn
Reviewed 8 October 2006

My husband and I made our first visit to the inn. We will definitely will consider going back. We stayed in the Captain's Quarters room since on their website it showed there was a room above where you could see out from all sides and they provide a telescope. The binoculars provided worked just as well. The room although small, as Claudia, the Innkeeper warned us, was beautifully decorated and had a fireplace and waterfront balcony. This room was on the fourth floor I believe which is another reason I chose it so I wouldn't hear people above me. The stairs aren't for those folks who are physically challenged. Breakfast was wonderful and we were served on a screen/glass enclosed porch overlooking the water.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Terpatt

Reviewed 18 September 2006

Having traveled to many points of the US and many B&B's it was a pleasant surprise to land at Cedar Gables, having had no previous knowledge of the area, the inn or recommendations. My instincts were right. It was exactely what I needed as I embarked upon an uncharted road trip, solo. Though it would be a GREAT place if I had been with a romantic partner, I was comfortable and welcomed on my solo flight. The room was stylishly comfortable, well attended and beautifully decorated. Bob and Claudia were the perfect hosts, attentive yet respectful of privacy. Breakfast was fabulous! I was attracted to this place because it said it was on the water, unlike the other B&B's in the area, and it was on the water. Beautiful dock with chairs and opportunities for serenity. Would recommend it to all!!

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank cecerider
Reviewed 19 August 2006

To Travelers To The Virigina Coast:

We had a great stay at the Cedar Gables B&B in Chincoteaque, VA.

The accomodations were exceptional as we stayed in the top floor room, appropriately named the Captain's Quarters, overlooking the water. Claudia and Bob could not have been more hospitable. They even got up before 5 a.m. to give us some coffee and breakfast to go when we went to watch the Pony Swim on Wednesday, July 26th.

We would definitely return to this B&B when we are back in the area and have recommended to all our friends and neighbors.

Peter Booth & Susan Hanley
Wayne, Illinois

2  Thank Ponies
Reviewed 31 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at Cedar Gables for two nights and had a wonderful time.
The room was extremely comfortable and the breakfast was excellent both mornings.
We were looking for a romantic getaway and we certainly weren't disappointed.
We look forward to going back again... hopefully very soon!
Lynn & Dave

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank ThereYouAre
Reviewed 15 July 2006

Cedar Gables is an upscale B&B. The rooms are modern and exceptionally decorated (look like they were done by a professional decorator). Also, the views are outstanding; it's very peaceful on the dock. The breakfast was good too. We'd stay here again, but it was a bit pricey. Chincoteague and Assateague are beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank Love2TravelVA
Reviewed 10 July 2006

Claudia,

Thank you for making our get-a-way so special, the view is unsurpassed and your home is truly relaxing and romantic. Our room was more beautiful than your website depicted, a hidden oasis in Chincoteague. The pool, hot tub, view, and your breakfasts! We will be back!

Bob and Michelle