“Great peaceful place”
Review of Sea Shell Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chincoteague Island
Sea Shell Motel
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I will be honest in saying I really didnt want to spend that much for a stay, BUT I am very glad we did! Chris and the help is so friendly and kind! The room we had was clean, did smell a tad bit when we first walk in, but it could be because of the areas weather and such, but after a few minutes you didnt smell it. The pool was clean and nice, we had to laugh because listed on the NOs for the pool was "NO Marco Polo" which I totally agree, lol! Its in a very convenient location to downtown stores even many churches. Its only 10 mins if that away from the beach! And just let me say the beach is so clean and nice, many sea shells and you can go way out in the water and still have no drop offs! We even spotted dolphins everyday we went! That was so cool! I would definitely go back to Sea Shell Motel again and again! Thank you Chris for the kind act you did for our military family! Hope to see you again after deployment! God Bless!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Michele T
There are newer reviews for Sea Shell Motel

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We arrived in Chincoteague late, with keys to a friend's house in hand. But the keys didn't work. So we headed to my preferred motel: Sea Shell Motel. There, the owner, Chris, met me at the front--despite the late hour--and offered to go back to my friend's house to try the key again. Which he did. And he got us in!

You won't find friendlier, more helpful people anywhere.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kpcoda
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Very nice staff and quaint area. Just a short walk/bike ride to downtown area. Quiet, beautiful gardens, lovely place to relax. Easy come, easy go attitude. We loved it! Hope to return soon. Thank you for your hospitality!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank CatBishop
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Judge a place my its people...and this is the best hotel I have stayed in. I tacked on a couple days to a family beach trip to stay over for the 4th of July...all by myself. Unbelievably unlucky, my car breaks down on the day I'm supposed to check in at the Sea Shell Motel ... just as the entire extended family departs the Island. But, I made the right choice when I decided to stay here. The owners picked me up off the beach road (stranded as I was), gathered my stuff together, and drove me to the hotel...telling me it would all work out. The place is spotless, the pool is awesome, and there is a sense of neighborhood among the people hanging out on the balconies in the evening. But, what makes this place truly special is that the people are genuinely of the highest caliber.

My family has been coming here since I could barely walk, but moved on to renting a house once nieces and nephews joined the family beach excursion. The fond memories of beach vacations at the Sea Shell Motel are now topped by the amazing kindness of the owners.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank AbbyAlice
Reviewed 16 June 2011

It's a charming location on the outskirts of a beautiful village but close to stores and restaurants (easy to walk there).

We had a air conditioned motel room with two queen sized beds.

Very friendly owners. Very relaxing. Nothing to complain.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Christian8570
Reviewed 6 June 2011

As others have written, this place was immaculate. Given the rate, I felt this hotel was a very good value. Everyone very friendly, polite and helpful. I really liked that it was in a quiet residential part of the island (as opposed to being on the main commercial strip or on Main St.). Even given that, it was very close to stores and restaurants (and supermarket). I would definitely stay here again.

My only small complaint was that the room smelled a bit musty; probably the carpet. I put the AC on and didn't smell it any more.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Oliveseeker
Reviewed 24 May 2011

The Sea Shell Motel feels more like a home away from home than a typical motel. Just one block behind downtown Chincoteague, this peaceful and clean motel offers a homey charm that is missing from today's hi-tech, gimmicked hotel chains. This motel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo