Rodeway Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites Chincoteague-Waterfront(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$177
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$132
Waterside Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$84
Anchor Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$160
Best Western Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$119
Agoda.com
Days Inn Chincoteague Island(Chincoteague Island)
US$66
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
US$132
US$116
Travelocity
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$137
Travelocity
Snug Harbor Marina and Cottages(Chincoteague Island)
US$215
  • Beachfront
Refuge Inn(Chincoteague Island)(Great Value!)
US$130
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleanhard boiled eggsmake your own wafflesstaff was friendlyfree breakfastnothing fancycomfortable stayright next doorfridge and microwaveair conditioneroff seasonyogurtponychincoteagueislandironponies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I was looking for a nice hotel, I was all over the island then I found Rodeway Inn it was very nice on the outside and on the inside First thing that caught my eye was the nice pool out front and a beautiful waterfall. They were nice people at the front desk I told them me and my husband and my son were on vacation with my mom and dad. So instaed of walking to their door every time I wanted to see them they opened the door between are rooms and we had the anvatige of seeing them anytime we wanted. It was so much fun for my three year old to just go over their and visit anytime he wanted to see his grandparents. Over all I would suggest this hotel to anyone staying in chincoteague Island.

Room Tip: Don't stop at the first hotel you see.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal O
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The room was spacious and clean (including the bathroom), the bed were comfortable, the breakfast was generous and good, staff was friendly and helpful, the location is good. It does not come with a view but for the price it offers a very good value and quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anacleto85
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We couldn't find a room prior to traveling so were just going to stop for the day. Lucked out that they had 2 rooms and allowed our little 7 lb dog. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful giving us idea's on what to do and were to eat. Rooms were very big and CLEAN. Beds are very comfortable and 4 nice fluffy pilows. Breakfast was the usual waffles, boiled eggs, muffins etc. The breakfast person was very cheerful she must be a morning person. The only negative thing I find is you could hear footsteps from the second floor. This didn't bother any one else but I sleep with ear plugs since I hear a drop of a pin!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shifflett00
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Second time staying at the establishment. It is a pet friendly hotel, which is a real plus! We required an extra rollaway bed, which the website said was offered. We had some problems getting it at first; staff stating it wasn't available. Finally we got one, but for an additional $20 a night.

Breakfast was poor. Not a lot of options and very crowded in the seating area.

Room Tip: The suite was very nice, but the wifi would not pick up. Rooms closer to the office had better performance.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike N
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a weekend in Chincoteague at the end of Pony Week. This was our second stay at this hotel; we spent a weekend here before when it still had been a Quality Inn. I had some concerns about the change in franchise but was pleased to find that not much had changed at all. It was still a nice property at nice prices.

One of the best things about this hotel is Lightning, the Chincoteague pony who lives on-site. He's very friendly and we love visiting with him. The people who work on-site are pretty great too; staff is friendly and provide efficient service. Other plusses are that two ice cream places are right down the street in walking distance!

Check-in went smoothly; we had a king room on the second floor that was very quiet. The room key is a little tricky so pay attention when the front desk staff demo it. Our room was spacious and clean; bed was big and comfy with lots of pillows. One minus was that the tv was older and the picture was kind of snowy but we didn't spend much time watching tv anyway. No problems with wi-fi, refrigerator or A/C. The bathroom was clean but the water pressure was a little off. Some other issues were some damage on one wall and some peeling paint, a newer shower curtain would have been nice and shower curtain bar was a little loose. So, some touch ups in the bathroom were in order...Also, I think since it's a Rodeway now, you'll need to bring your own lotion or shower cap as these are not offered.

The location is really convenient; cute shops and restaurants nearby plus two mini golf courses and bicycle/scoot coupe/scooter rental places right down the street. Another amenity is that you can rent a scooter via the front desk right at the hotel, which we did. My boyfriend likes swimming in the outdoor pool.

There is a nice continental breakfast with a few hot items; unfortunately, the breakfast area is kind of small so it fills up fast and can get pretty crowded. However, there is outdoor seating if you like sitting outside. The breakfast attendant was very friendly and accomodating; she was busy keeping up with restocking and cleaning. Our check out went smoothly.

There aren't a lot of frills but If you plan on spending more time at the beach or in town and want a reasonably priced place that is clean and convenient, Rodeway Inn is right for you. We'll know we'llbe back!

Room Tip: There's no elevator so if you have problems with stairs, be sure to ask for a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple