Rodeway Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sea Hawk Motel(Chincoteague Island)
  • Pool
Chincoteague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
My Lighthouse Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Island Motor Inn Resort(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Comfort Suites Chincoteague(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
Sea Shell Motel(Chincoteague Island)
Assateague Inn(Chincoteague Island)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanhard boiled eggsmake your own wafflesstaff was friendlyfree breakfastnothing fancycomfortable stayright next doorfridge and microwaveair conditioneroff seasonyogurtponychincoteagueislandironponies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here because of the good ratings, location and decent price. Other than the location, we were disappointed with the quality of the place. Our room was pretty rough. The front door seemed to be the wrong size, with large gaps at the top and bottom and the latch seemed about to come off. There was black mold in the shower and the floor tile was in pretty bad shape. The breakfast service was pretty good, but I'd try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
chincoteaguequality, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We are very sorry to hear that you were to pleased with your experience with us. We care very much when our guests are not satisfied and will do whatever it takes to remedy any situation. We will make sure to address your concerns. Thank you for taking time to share your comments.

Hiral Vaidya

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were lucky to have found this wonderful town in our travels south back to Floriida. We were shocked by how friendly the locals were to all the Tourists. The seafood was "out of this world". To made a long story short. I, Louis had taken my wedding ring off to take a shower the morning we were checking out. I told myself not to forget my ring on the counter top but..... I did. I forgot my wedding ring. 24 hrs had passed before I realized I had no ring. I was 5 hrs away,in another shower, in another state, in another hotel. The feeling that came over me was a cold feeling of desperation. I called the hotel. I spoke to Heather at the front desk. I explained to her what had happened. She assured me that she would do all she can to help and that she would call me back. As I waited I thought the ring was gone forever. My ring is not very expensive ($1300.00) but it is worth more then money to me. My wife said to me "The ring is not lost" She believed that since we had a wonderful experience in this town that it would not end with a lost wedding ring. Well.......My wife was right. 2 hrs went by and we got a phone call from Janet. The friendly voice on the otherside of the phone said, "Mr. Padron, we found your Wedding ring" . How happy we were. Mrs. Janet took our info and mailed my ring to Pr. What a sweetheart she is. She was our Angel in Chincoteague, Va, We thank you guys very much for being honest, caring people. I wanted to send them $100.00 for a reward and they would not have it. Again, Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for getting my ring back to me safe and sound. You bet that I will be back next year. Louis, Raquel and Family

Room Tip: Go to Steamers Restaurant (which is right next store) All you can eat Snow Crabs, Blue Crabs and Shrimp. You will love it !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Louis P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our first trip to Chincoteague Island, and we were basically going by reviews on Tripadvisor (and our budget!) We stayed for 4 nights and didn't get there until later on Friday night. The woman at the front desk, Janet, was on the phone when we walked in, it was obvious she was on a call with a very "picky" customer. Not only was she extremely pleasant to the person on the phone, she didn't make us feel like we were being ignored. And every time we saw her, she was just so happy to see us! Everyone on the staff was very pleasant, housekeeping did a great job and we were happy with the location on the island. Go next door to Steamers, you won't be disappointed! Will absolutely go back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
chincoteaguequality, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear LisaMike W,

Thank you very much for the very complimentary overview of your recent stay at the Rodeway Inn. I also want to thank you that you will "Absolutely" come back to stay at our hotel in the future.

We hope you will return soon...

Harry Vaidya

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here June 6th- June 8th. Room was clean and check in process was easy.

Continental breakfast was a disappointment. Breakfast hours are from 7-10am. Husband went at 7:20 and was told they were out of orange juice and he said they were running out of the batter to make waffles. Not into hard boiled eggs for breakfast and I eat cereal every day of the week so wasn’t interested in that. Had a cup of water and then searched for food elsewhere. No orange juice again on Sunday.

Our room had a view of Lightning (Chincoteague pony on property) and I enjoyed going out to see him. I asked if they had anything to give him to eat after witnessing a worker feeding him an apple the day before. Girl at the front desk seemed confused by my request and offered a very drawn out “nooo” and then proceeded to just look at me. However, there are signs on the corral that say not to hand feed him and they have a feed box. Not sure what the deal is there.

Our room was on the first floor (room 169). Could not hear street traffic but the room above us was very noisy well past 11pm and the noise definitely comes through. Thumps, bangs and stomping type sounds (not just sounds of walking around- I live in an apartment with someone above me and can tell the difference).

Not a big deal but the TV remote did not have a cover over the batteries and instead they were just taped in place. I kept finding long dark hairs in my bed (I have short auburn hair). Definitely wasn’t impressed but it was close to Main Street, next door to the Island Creamery and the rate was decent.

1  Thank Courtney Y
chincoteaguequality, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. We are sorry to hear that we did not exceed every expectation and that you encountered these issues. We appreciate you letting us know about them so that we may follow up. As we are always looking to improve our services your feedback is valuable to us. Again, please accept our apologies.

Warmest Regards
Harry Vaidya

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed here 3 times within the last 2 years and just booked another week long stay for the 4th of July. This is our go to place when visiting Chincoteague.

The rooms were clean and had everything we needed including an iron that worked. I travel regularly and have I high standards. Harry gets it done and always with a smile!

The staff was always friendly and never intrusive; they are all very professional.

Room Tip: They have an onsite Chincoteague pony and I always ask to be close so I can see Lightning anytime I want. Having said that, you cant get a bad room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike E
chincoteaguequality, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to write such a detailed overview. I am glad that you liked our onsite Chincoteague pony "The Lightning". I love reading about this in reviews.

We love putting smiles on faces. One of the highest comments is when a guest says that they will return. We will see you in July.

Warm regards,