“Great for a budget friendly trip”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed here during 2010 Pony Swim week. Hotel was clean and staff friendly. In my opinion this is typical beach town non-resort (ie. budget friendly) lodging. Cleanliness and convenience, free breakfast with many choices, pool and on-site ponies that my niece loved to visit each day. I would like to check out some of the other lodging on the island to experience a new place on my next visit, but I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank anne266

Reviewed 31 July 2010

I had very modest expectations given the reviews here, but I was very pleasantly suprised by the cleanliness of the rooms and the quality and value. We were happy to find a room in our budget for pony penning week (with availability 2 months before the event)- didn't realize until we got here that there are 2 ponies on the premises. My daughter loved getting to hang out with the ponies!! We were in the smoking building, even though we don't smoke because that was the only room available. We could not really tell- there was no discernable odor of smoke. Even though the hotel allows dogs, we found the rooms/carpet to be clean. The included continental breakfast was adequate for us although the seating area is a bit too small. The staff was very helpful in providing us with maps, information about pony week and recommendations on places to go/eat. Free in-room wireless internet service was easy to access and a nice plus to be able to look up info on Trip Advisor while we were there:)

Reviewed 28 July 2010

I got here after a long drive from NE PA. It was an okay motel with a bit of a washed out beach feel to it with a door that was hard to open, a tiny bathroom, a heater that smoked when my toddler turned it on by mistake, and I could not figure out how to access the "free" wireless because what I saw wanted fees (boingo, etc). Beds were okay and we liked the small pool by the road. My daughters liked seeing the ponies in the back. The staff here are really nice. Breakfast ended at 9am but they let it go longer to accommodate everyone. The best part of here is the beach is a short drive down the road and there are nice ice cream shops and scooter rental shops near by.

2  Thank Jfuriosi
Reviewed 23 July 2010

My family (including my parenst and my 5 year old niece) stayed at this hotel for 1 night in July 2010. Hotel was cleaner and nicer than we expected.

Exterior: 2 story building. Well kept.

Breakfast (Free): Better than expected. Description stated it was a continental breakfast so we didn't expect much but we were pleasantly surprised. They had waffle maker to make fresh waffle, typical bakery items, boiled eggs, yogurt, orange juice, coffee, fruits, and etc.

Parking: During the day, it seemed like there are ample parking spots but when we came back from OC around midnight, there was no spot left. Lickily, front desk staff was able to find us a parking.

Pool (outdoor): small but good enough. don't think people come here to use the pool. there's a beach just a couple of miles down the road!

Beach: About 3-4 miles from the hotel. 1 day parking $8, Weekly parking pass $15. Even though there were lots of people (it was Saturday), we didn't feel crowded. Sands were clean, people were spreadout enough, no commercial stuff....perfect place to just enjoy the nature. It was one of the nicest beach we've ever been to.

Room: One of the rooms we had had some umpleasant odors but I guess that's kinda expected since the hotel being in the beach town and all.

Misc.: They had a picnic area with bbq. We used it for one lunch. Chairs/Tables were located under the covered area so we didn't have to stay under the July sun the entire time. Picnic area was very clean and well kept.

Overall: When you travel to small towns, you can't expect 4-5 star accomodations so once you get that out of your system, you'll be just fine.

1  Thank ck1220
Reviewed 18 July 2010

If you travel on a budget as we do, you'll be satisfied here. The staff was extremely nice and helpful on every occasion. I didn't know what to expect based on the previous reviews on this site, but was pleasantly surprised! I believe that the hotel has been updated recently, because everything was just fine for us. They have two ponies in back of the hotel, which made my children sooooo happy!

1  Thank Palga
Reviewed 19 May 2010

Me and my husband came down to Chincoteague on one of the May's weekends, and we totally loved it. The hotel was very nice and clean, our room was clean and fresh. During our stay the house keepers made sure we are feeling very comfortable and provided us with clean towels and sheets every day. The general manager Harry and the front desk clerks were very nice and helpful, they helped out in each and every question we had. We will definately recommend this hotel to our friends and family. Our stay was wonderful, we are definately gonna come back again. Thank You.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank allensmith32
chincoteaguequality, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2010

All of our guests are very special to us! AND, It is so nice when we hear that we have succeeded in making our you comfortable! Thank you again....hope to see you soon!
Janet

Reviewed 19 May 2010

My experience started well before my arrival. I had contacted the hotel several times regarding bike rental information and what other attractions I might be missing. My wife and I wanted to partake of so much that we decided to spend an extra day. When I made the reservation change online I was shocked to see that my discounted rate for booking early was replaced by the current booking rate (as told to me by the 800 number). I contacted the hotel regarding the matter. Rather than respond to my e-mail, the manager, Mr. Harry Vaidya, CALLED ME and assured me that for booking early I would receive my discounted rate not only for the three original days but for the additional fourth day as well. Upon arrival the staff was extremely courteous and anxious to make sure our stay would be pleasant, even apologizing for the flawed directions I had received (which since they came from AAA was not the staff's responsibility.) In the morning I met Harry and discussed a couple of issues (possible dust on the wall and leaking faucet) which he had the maintenance man tend to within a half hour. The dust turned out to be a wear pattern where old trim had been removed, and the leaking faucet was splashed water from washing our hands and a shiny countertop. The continental breakfast was more than satisfying, with egg patties, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, waffles, milk, juice, cocoa, coffee, and cereal. Housekeeping made sure that our room was clean and stocked with fresh towels. In appreciation for their hospitality, we presented Harry with a framed, home-made certificate which read: "This Certificate of Excellence is presented to Harry Vaidya and the Staff of the Quality Inn Chincoteague on this 15th day of May 2010, not by an Organization but by Simple Travelers who are Grateful for their Commitment to Quality Customer Service."

Of additional note for would-be travelers: the pool does not open until Memorial Day, and there are a handful of bicycles available which can be rented from the desk 24 hours a day.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
chincoteaguequality, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2010

Our guests are always our top priority and it is greatly appreciated when someone takes the time and effort to do what you did for us. Thank you so much, we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Janet