“Stay sway!!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This place is horrible. We checked in at 4am we asked for a 1pm check out. We called the manager to comfirm in the morning he was so rude and said we need to be gone by 12pm. The room was bad it smelled like someone had died in it. There was hair all over the pillow cases. The air didn't work well. U r better off sleeping in your car. BEWARE STAY AWAY!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank Tgrace3997

A TripAdvisor Member
centreville
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I will not use your service again. I booked my room online, only to find out it would have been $20.00 less if I had just walked in and paid the regular rate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is one of the worst MOTELS we have ever seen. We walked into the room and it smelled like smoke, dog, mold.... I immediately began sneezing and went to the front office to inform them that we could not stay in the room. They did nothing to correct the situation and refused to issue a refund for both of the two nights that we were scheduled to stay. Not clean, walls had stains and poorly patched drywall, mold and dirt in bathroom, old and tattered linens. Do not stay here!!!!!

Room Tip: Please find another motel.
5  Thank JK2013
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Just spent 3 nights here for a V-Tech graduation. The reviews were off putting but it was reasonably close and the price was right. There are 2 buildings-we were in the rear. Although they were booked solid we never heard outside noise. There are no indoor hallways. I was fearful of the carpet before arriving yet it was nicer than other pricier hotels. The room was spacious, no complaints about cleanliness. Our room had a microwave and refrig-both operational. There is a free newspaper daily in the reception area. Breakfast was donuts, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, bananas, apples, juice coffee and milk. Hey what do you expect for the low price? Everyone was friendly. There were 4 pillows on the bed but you will only get two sets of linens for 2 people-i.e. no extra towels. Pool not functional. Too few tables in dining area. All in all, the stay was surprisingly pleasant. I felt we received more than what we paid for.

Room Tip: Choose the building in the back for a quieter stay and ask for first floor so you don't have to...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pittwildfire
Reviewed 23 April 2012

All things considered, room was not awful. A bit musty but clean. Continental breakfast sparse but good for dieters!

Reviewed 12 November 2011

Our horrific experience at the Econolodge in Christiansburg, VA, began with the shocking state of the room’s door. Its original white paint was in need of immense sprucing up. Upon entrance into the room the not so pleasant spell wafted into my nostrils and made me question the sanitation of this dimly lit room. In order to obtain more light in the space I cautiously approached the vanity and attempted to switch on the light above the sink ‘s “vanity.” At first my attempts were futile for the light would not switch on. I called my father over to assist me and we soon realized we needed to give the light time to “warm-up.” Unfortunately once lit, the light proved to be more of a source of seizure rather than illumination. This became a constant annoyance. The light did not prove to be the only item in the vicinity that was a disappointment to our stay. The beds, luckily, did not contain any infestation of bed bugs but did leave one to the imagination as to who may have inhabited the bed before I. Not only were there a few questionable stains on the fitted sheet but the pillow also held proof of another’s DNA, a strand of hair rested on one side of the pillow. I quickly flipped it over and attempted to put the thought out of my mind that the sheets are clearly not properly cleaned after each use. After my examination of the bed I removed the comforter to find a ratty looking blanket that I quickly chose not to use. As I lay down to attempt to get some sleep, a peculiar noise disturbed my slumber. A strange gurgling noise was coming from the sink; I ignored the noise but was quickly informed first thing in the morning what the noise was. This noise was not the only that caused my sleep to be interrupted, the movement of our surrounding neighbors also kept me awake. My father awoke in the morning to find the sink filled with dirt, as if water from another guest’s room had backed into the sink during the night. This incident proved to be the last straw and our decision was final; this room was not acceptable to stay in any longer. We quickly took our showers, concerned once again for our personal sanitation. After a long day and even longer night of lack of sleep we took our leave of the Econolodge and long story short we will never return nor recommend this motel to anyone besides recently released convicts or the insane. Lastly, the only thing missing from this room was the coin slot to make the bed vibrate; I assume you have to pay extra for that upgrade in the room.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank j s
Reviewed 8 October 2011

We just wanted clean and comfortable, but instead we found old worn dirty linens and blankets, and a refrigerator that wouldn't work. Some kind of gooo in the shower and best of all a roach in the bathroom. I was very uncomfortable the whole night worrying about bed bugs and roaches and stains. Management has dismissed me as a liar, and will not acknowledge anything except the gooo in the shower. I will NEVER stay in another Econolodge again. Oh, and we had to pay extra for these lovely problems as there was a Virginia Tech home game that weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family