“Great Price, but don't expect much”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Price, but don't expect much”
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I stayed here as I was traveling by car with business. I am a single female and had my little weener dog with me. I chose this location due to it's proximity to my work, and the price. I really got a great price here (less than $50) and I was very happy that they accomodated pets, since it was my first time traveling with one.

I had no problem checking-in and I noticed staff vacuuming up the nice lobby area. I was given a key and directions to my room which were on the other side of the building.

The room was....okay....ish. It had basic amenities such as coffee, fridge, microwave. The floor had old pee stains on it which I was concerned they were going to accuse my dog of (they never did). It didn't smell bad in there, and didn't smell like dogs but did have a smokey scent because it was a smoking room. Nothing terrible.

The linens were clean, bed was nicely prepared and the TV worked perfectly and even had cable channels. Bathroom was a little small, but totally workable. This room had a desk and free wireless internet which I was very happy about.

I ran into a very friendly housekeeper during my stay, and front desk members were pleasant and attentive. They had a nice little complimentary continental breakfast for travelers.

I would definitely say that staying here was worth the cost. Okay, it's not el-premiero hotel, but it was clean, everything worked correctly and the staff were very friendly. I would bring my family here, especially if I was looking to save a few $$ on a hotel stay.

• Liked — The price and the pet accomodation
  • Disliked — Stains on the carpeting
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Christine H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2007

October 2007 Econo Lodge in Christiansburg

Could not find a room for parents weekend.Price was high but thought one would step up to the plate with service and staff. Not true. When I asked to speak to a manager he was never available. Called on Tuesday to voice my concerns about the tub not draining properly, the stobe light over the sink that needed to be replaced , unable to connect to internet, and TV not working properly he stated there was nothing he could do about the bill.I stated, "can't or won't. " He said he would not prorate the bill. I informed him I would write reviews and get the word out . He accused me of chanigng my tune from nice to threatening and stated I was taking advantage of him because he was from a different country. TAKE NOTE ,I WISH I HAD READ OTHERS COMMENTS.THE ONLY ONE BEING TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF IS THE POOR PEOPLE WHO STAY IN THS HOTEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — being with family
  • Disliked — The managers inability to recogonize that one needs management skills to manage
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Room242
VA
Reviewed 23 September 2007

This is a horrible place but the only place with a room available on a Hokie football weekend.

It is disgusting and not worth the price of $150/night. I would highly recommend staying farther away before staying in this place again.

Stayed September 2007
2 Thank les357
Quantico, Virginia
Reviewed 19 July 2007

I picked this motel since it was the only hotel/motel in town left with rooms for the night. After checking into the motel I found my room had not been cleaned properly there was dirt all over the carpet and a piece of chewed gum laying in the middle of the floor. Additionally, in the morning we noticed one of the towels in the room was dirty and looked like some lady had whipped her makeup off with it. The sheets appeared to be clean as well as the bathroom. Unfortunately, I found out that the motel was out of rooms along with every other hotel/motel in town. The continental breakfast consisted of cornflakes, oatmeal and slices of oranges (yes, that was it). They ran out of milk and to there credit they did hand my wife a half gallon container of milk that I think came from there personal coffee supply. Upon checking out and making a complaint I was handed a card to fill out and when I asked to talk to the hotel manger I was told he would not be in until noon. Looking back I should have gotten back on the interstate and went to the next town to look for a motel.

• Disliked — The motel was dirty.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Good_Times28
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2006

Chosen for it's convenient location right off I-81, this hotel was not worth the price. We paid $134 for a single Saturday night stay. The room smelled musty and a cloud of dust rose from the upholstered chair in the corner when a small case was dropped onto it. The walls and bathroom had some obvious and roughly done patches and repairs. The security latch for the door was barely hanging onto the wall and its screws were completely stripped. The room did have a hair dryer, iron and board, but no hangers. The bed was comfortable enough. The continental breakfast consisted of donuts, two cereals, apple juice, coffee and a warm, very watery OJ.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank GK1211
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 July 2004

I'd done some research prior to reserving a hotel room and had read horror stories about a number of the surrounding competitors. The Econo Lodge, which is generally not my first choice, had been reviewed fairly well. I was able to get a good rate and they allowed our dog which was somewhat rare in Christiansburg. The room was generally clean and smelled fresh. During our stay we needed extra towels and to replace a remote that stopped working for no apparent reason. With each request, the front desk person (Jack) impressed me with his courtesy and quick response. Although I know that there are much fancier hotels in the area, I would strongly consider returning to this location because of the service and value.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member