“Christiansburg”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The hotel was fine for the price. They didn't promise fancy, and we didn't expect it. They provided clean sheets, friendly people, and good coffee. The room was clean and did not smell. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed in this motel on October 8, 2013, room 121. After checking in at 8 pm, I laid down to sleep. Around 1am I woke up with bites all over me! Tiny black specks were on the top sheet. I first tried to phone the office, using the room phone. The phone had so much static I could faintly hear a ringing, let it ring a long time, no answer. I got dressed and walked to the office; I told the clerk about the bites and even showed the ones on my arms. His response was basically “people who stay in these rooms bring bed bugs in and there is nothing we can do”. My response to that was of course; “wrong answer, unless this is a self service motel, it is simply your responsibility to insure your beds are not infested with bugs or fleas, plain and simple”. I was given another room.
I could not sleep after being bitten, bites were welting. I went to the front desk at 6am and asked for a receipt and asked to see the manager. I was told the manager is the owner, Kabir Uddin, and that he was out of town.
I made contact with the owner the following Friday by phone. His response was simply amazing. He said he had heard of my complaint and he had PERSONALLY checked the room for bed bugs and found nothing to support my claim. When asked what qualifies him to inspect, he simply said he knows what to look for. Then he said “therefore I do not believe this happened”. I was shocked to hear that! I told him that I was not trying to get a refund, only to let him know of the problem. He was rude and defiant.
I assured him I was reporting this to the County Health Department. I did file the complaint with the Count Health Inspector. I strongly advise anyone reading this; do not take the risk of staying at this motel. All this motel owner had to do was to accept responsibility and tell me he would make sure the problem of bed bugs were addressed, but he refused to do even that. DO NOT CONSIDER STAYING AT THIS ECONO LODGE IN CHRISTIANSBURG, VIRGINIA!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank PilotDC3
Reviewed 2 October 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 20 September 2013

9/17/2013, Very nice econolodge; great guy at check in, room was clean and bed very comfortable; problem with local TV channels so had to watch program I wanted to see on TV in lobby, no problem doing this. Donuts great for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We stayed here last night and very happy with this clean room. The lobby was nice for a Econo lodge and person at the front desk was nice too. Clean bathroom, clean bed and the overall stay was good. Price for the room was reasonable. Location of this hotel is very convenient. We stayed here before and we will stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't just read reviews it is misleading some times. Check yourself. Ask for changing a room , y...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pantho_ridoy
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Clean motel for cheap. We paid about $ 58 and it was as good as quality inn or sleep inn. Breakfast had few items. House keeping done a good job. Front desk person was very helpfull. Hotel is right off the exit and easy to locate. I would recommend this hotel how look for value.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Checked in Labor Day weekend to Econo Lodge christiansburg VA. Normally stay at Holiday Inn but the hotel was sold out. We had a nice clean room with a king bed with a free breakfast for $50 can't beat the price. Ruby Tuesday's next door. Waffle House out front. We will start staying here for all football games the prices are way better for a clean room you have to stay at this location in VA.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank country1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!