“Honesty Plus”

Super 8 Christiansburg
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Honesty Plus:

My wife and I have stayed at this Motel for the last eight years while traveling from NY to GA, mostly because it's very conveniently located off I-81. We have always found the rooms clean and the place quiet. We ask for a corner room as I find it a good security view which is important for us. Never had noise or concerns.

This most recent stay was especially rewarding because of the HONESTY of the staff. I thought I may have left my wallet next to the TV and didn't realize it until I was 6 hours away. I called them and the clerk said she would walk over to see if it was there. The cleaning person had the rooms airing out and the desk clerk noticed the wallet right where I left it. All $350, was still in the wallet. The desk clerk said she would mail it to me. I asked her to take out $50 for herself and mail the wallet to me. A few days later FedEx drove up with a package with everything in it's place including credit cards and $200.

Thank you Super 8 for being so honest and speedy.

Room Tip: Corner suites have a better view of the grounds. Ruby Tuesday next to exit. Great for just passing t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We have stayed here a few times before. Staff very friendly, helpful and informative. Upon check in we requested the quietest room, clerk told us that there may be some noise from the lounge next door, when I asked if this was something new she said that a few months ago new owners added music to Friday& Sat nights,. I was leery as we were only half way to our destination and needed a good nights rest, she was accommodating and gave us a room in the quietest part of the motel. We absolutely heard nothing and was able to get the rest needed. It is an older motel and could use some updates, but for the great price it was clean and most satisfactory. WIFI worked ok, not the fastest speed but certainly wasn't the slowest that we have encountered. New upgraded flat screen TV could have been raised a little higher making it easier to view while lying in bed. Did not partake in the continental breakfast, but I imagine it is standard.

2  Thank sazbuff