“Brand New Hotel”

Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I love staying in a brand new Hotel!! its Nothing like it!!!

This hotel has all the bells and whistles that a new hotel brings... Big flat screen flat panel TVs, nice plus beds, plenty of space, nice lobby, nice restaurant. Its also right across the street from a Mall, a Walmart, and even closer is a Texas Roadhouse!!

This hotel is definitely put in the right spot!

Please Stay here!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked one night at this hotel because I was visiting friends in Blacksburg. Check in is at 3pm but I did not arrive until 6pm. I was advised my room was not ready. I was 3 hours over the check in time.. Really?? All the front desk attendent could tell me was they "were booked the night before." I don't care! I paid for a room. Finally I was told it was ready after pushing the woman. The room itself was beautiful. Very clean. A few days later I noticed a $25 charge to my card. Interesting. All they could tell me was it was a routine charge. I will not stay there again because of the experience with the check in and the extra charges with no real explanation.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Pheemonster
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights (thursday-saturday) in February and it was pleasant. I had reserved suite with one king bed but ended up with a 2 queen bed suite w/ pull out sofa which worked out well since my husband and son joined us later. The suite was actually one large room NOT at room with one bedroom and living area. The queen beds felt more like a double bed.( I sleep on a queen bed at home). The room was clean and the place looked new.
The front desk was very helpful and polite. Housekeeping was quick when I called for extra towels.
Slight miscommunication was the breakfast deal which was part of the package we paid. The first morning, my daugghter and I ate breakfast, no one asked us for coupon and we paid nothing. The next morning when my husband and my son joined us, they asked for the coupon and told us the buffet does not cover everything and we would have to pay the difference so we told her that is was fine. No big deal because the buffet for adults were $9.90 each and kids ate for free. The catch was it only covered up to $20.00 and we had to pay the difference with tax which ended up being somewhere around $2.70. I don't know if they provided any other breakfast other than the buffet. I guess I shouldn't assume that breakfast for 2 adults mean that it covers everything. The coupon they gave me did not state the cost...just breakfast for 2.
Overall, the stay was pleasant. I would stay here again but maybe not do the breakfast. It was alright..there are plenty of places to eat within blocks.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank trixgirl
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel front desk staff was spectacular, my wife and 4 kids and I were moving into the area and waiting to close on a house that we bought. When things got delayed they were able to accommodate us to all the changes we were going through, plus they lent us an encouraging ear to listen to us. Plus the fact that this hotel is brand new and kept up in a sparkling manor. Rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn to anybody.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad M
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Could have not been treated any better at the "Waldorf". The facility was great and the staff was outstanding. Hotel clerk noticed we took or room towels to the pool and immediately brought us another set. From Kandayce, Sara, Michael, and the General Manager they were all wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hardy W
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed here via Hotwire sO didn't choose it. The front desk person was remarkably friendly and upgraded our room upon learning that we were Priority Club members. The room was spacious, neat, and clean, but didn't smell like cleaning chemicals or perfumes either. Bed was very comfortable and tv reception was clear. Would stay again if the price is good.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Jillrobin23
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This new place was simply spectacular. They took care of me with my special request of being on the top floor and away from elevator. Very comfortable, cozy room. Air conditioner worked in DECEMBER!! Crazy I know, but I love a cold room and many places struggle with this out of summer. This was super. Terrific breakfast, wonderful staff. Just a gem. Wish I had more reasons to travel to Blacksburg!!!!

Room Tip: Try to stay opposite of the steakhouse. Loud garbage collection in early am.