“Great choice”

Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
“Great choice”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Our stay for Va state swim meet was awonderful family/team experience--staff went out of their to excede our needs--superb service great acommodations and convient location-- thank you -- we will be back

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jmvmpv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The staff including the front desk, restaurant waiters, housekeeping and management were outstanding! They went above and beyond in trying to acommodate our family. The facility is brand new and located close to so many shops and restaurants. We stayed at the hotel while attending a swim meet at the Christiansburg Aquatic Center. The center is five minutes away and very easy to reach.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stopped by last year in July while the finishing touches were being put on and stopped by again in August during their opening week. Everyone was very friendly. We came back down again in January and the staff were all very friendly & courteous. The room was very big and clean, new flat screen tv and of course the amenties. Reading some of the other comments, I'm sorry I have not experienced any issues like that so far, and based on my observations I really don't expect to. We will be going down again and hope to have another pleasant stay. The location is great, easy access to the mall, restaurants and of course, Walmart! Kudos to the manager, Ms. Cook & Kandyce! It's always nice to walk in and feel welcome when you're away from home! First impressions always make a world of difference!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I love staying in a brand new Hotel!! its Nothing like it!!!

This hotel has all the bells and whistles that a new hotel brings... Big flat screen flat panel TVs, nice plus beds, plenty of space, nice lobby, nice restaurant. Its also right across the street from a Mall, a Walmart, and even closer is a Texas Roadhouse!!

This hotel is definitely put in the right spot!

Please Stay here!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian S
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I booked one night at this hotel because I was visiting friends in Blacksburg. Check in is at 3pm but I did not arrive until 6pm. I was advised my room was not ready. I was 3 hours over the check in time.. Really?? All the front desk attendent could tell me was they "were booked the night before." I don't care! I paid for a room. Finally I was told it was ready after pushing the woman. The room itself was beautiful. Very clean. A few days later I noticed a $25 charge to my card. Interesting. All they could tell me was it was a routine charge. I will not stay there again because of the experience with the check in and the extra charges with no real explanation.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Pheemonster
virginia
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights (thursday-saturday) in February and it was pleasant. I had reserved suite with one king bed but ended up with a 2 queen bed suite w/ pull out sofa which worked out well since my husband and son joined us later. The suite was actually one large room NOT at room with one bedroom and living area. The queen beds felt more like a double bed.( I sleep on a queen bed at home). The room was clean and the place looked new.
The front desk was very helpful and polite. Housekeeping was quick when I called for extra towels.
Slight miscommunication was the breakfast deal which was part of the package we paid. The first morning, my daugghter and I ate breakfast, no one asked us for coupon and we paid nothing. The next morning when my husband and my son joined us, they asked for the coupon and told us the buffet does not cover everything and we would have to pay the difference so we told her that is was fine. No big deal because the buffet for adults were $9.90 each and kids ate for free. The catch was it only covered up to $20.00 and we had to pay the difference with tax which ended up being somewhere around $2.70. I don't know if they provided any other breakfast other than the buffet. I guess I shouldn't assume that breakfast for 2 adults mean that it covers everything. The coupon they gave me did not state the cost...just breakfast for 2.
Overall, the stay was pleasant. I would stay here again but maybe not do the breakfast. It was alright..there are plenty of places to eat within blocks.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank trixgirl
Boonsboro, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel front desk staff was spectacular, my wife and 4 kids and I were moving into the area and waiting to close on a house that we bought. When things got delayed they were able to accommodate us to all the changes we were going through, plus they lent us an encouraging ear to listen to us. Plus the fact that this hotel is brand new and kept up in a sparkling manor. Rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were extremely comfortable, I would highly recommend this Holiday Inn to anybody.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brad M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!