“Nice place to stay; convenient location”

Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice place to stay; convenient location”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This was my first time visiting Blacksburg, and I found a great rate at this hotel. Staying here and visiting Virginia Tech was easy; the drive is short and simple. The hotel is near several restaurants, a mall, and a Target, and has easy access to main roads.

My room was quite clean and comfortable. I stayed for 2 nights, and on the 2nd night, there was a constant humming noise from outside. (My room overlooked the front of the hotel.) With the earplugs I always wear when traveling, I was able to sleep really well.

There is a complementary "continental" breakfast that includes cereal, muffins/bread, apples, yogurt, and cut melon. It's not the kind of food I eat when I'm at home, but it sufficed for 2 mornings.

The front desk staff were friendly when approached.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here while visiting Virginia Tech. The hotel is very clean and furnished in a modern style. The location is very close to shopping and movies. Check-in information included contact information for the local Domino's so we placed an order and received our pizza promptly. My only minor quibble is that hotels of this range should provide complimentary breakfast instead of a la carte dining. I've stayed at Holiday Inn Express restaurants for less that offered free breakfast. Otherwise, no major complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TarHeel
Lehigh Valley, PA
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

New property, convenient location, friendly staff, great amenities and competitive rates...this is exactly what I look for in a hotel in this class and just what this hotel delivered during a 3-night stay. I'd have no reason to look for different accommodations next time I'm in the area. Highly recommended!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 4richer4poorer
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I was expecting to find a refurbished old style Holiday Inn. What we found is a new updated version with very nice amenities including a small bar/lounge and restaurant, indoor pool and an alcove dedicated to the needs of a business traveller. The beautifully decorated spacious rooms include a concealed microwave, safe and refrigerator. The beds were very comfortable and the room temp could be adjusted as low as we like, something that is often lacking in many chain hotels today.
My only disappointment was the fitness center only had cardio equipment. I suggested to the manager that a few rubber mats and a rack of free weights would be a welcome addition to the center. We would definitely stay there again if our travels take us back to this area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Christiansburg
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Very comfortable, room was well equiped and supplied. Staff very friendly & helpful. It is conveniently located near restaurants & shopping. Close to both VT & RU. The room was very clean. We are locals & this was an anniversary get-away for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The pleasantness of the hotel staff was great. It has been a long time since I have had attentive service like that. I was traveling with a team and the staff was great and polite. The dinners the hotel provided were nutritious and healthy and more than enough for a group of 17.

Room Tip: The rooms above the breakfast area/bar are much quieter than the rooms above the media room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brianne M
Virginia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here on New Year's Eve even though I live just about 10 miles away. I had a wonderful time! I arrived early in the afternoon and my room was ready, so I checked in and began my celebration of the arrival of 2014. I took advantage of their heated salt water pool, and had a drink in the lounge before heading out for dinner at Kabuki, my favorite Japanese Steakhouse, then came back to enjoy what the hotel had planned. I skipped the buffet dinner since I had already eaten, but enjoyed everything else.

First, I watched a first class stand-up comedy show while sipping house drinks and hors devours, then they opened up the ballroom for dancing with a live DJ and champagne toasts as we all ushered in the new year. Then, I retired to a wonderful king suite for the night followed by a wonderful breakfast in the hotel restaurant.

Who would have thought that a Holiday Inn could provide such a wonderful celebration at such an affordable cost.

I love this place.

Room Tip: This is an all suite hotel. All rooms are nice. The pool and fitness center are good. Great lounge...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RUtraveller
libby m, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
We are so glad you had a great experience. NYE is one of our biggest events with local comedians and DJ/Dancing - everyone is sure to have a great time. Hopefully, you can make this a yearly tradition!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Homewood Suites by Hilton Christiansburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Blacksburg - University Area
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to Holiday Inn Christiansburg Blacksburg? Share your experiences!