“Great Service, good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

O'Charley's
Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Kids, Child-friendly
Bristow, Virginia
“Great Service, good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I haven't been to O'Charley's for years but had dinner here with my family after my brother-in-laws graduation last weekend. We had reservations for 6pm and they had our table for 12 ready early.

Our waitress was AWESOME! I wish I remembered her name, but she really made the night, along with the manager who stopped by frequently to check up on us. Drinks were always full and the pace of eating was great.

Unfortunately the food was okay at best. I loved the baked potato soup, and it was still very good. I was sold on the "world famous" chicken tenders and while they were good, they weren't great and I wouldn't order them again. Nobody really raved about anything, and the prime rib my father-in-law had was barely edible. I know its supposed to be fatty, but the marble ran vertical and horizontal...no good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank BareTruth0827

Landover, Maryland
“Fair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had a party of about 12 and it took a while for everyone to get their food. Then the food was not made correctly or cold so we had to send it back. The manager and waitress was nice and the price was reasonable however the food was not the best.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ms F
Edinburg, Virginia
“Not bad but not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stopped here today for lunch. They have quite the menu and maybe too large of a menu. The bread that comes with your meal was very good. I ordered the Chicken Tenders that come with their homemade chips. The chips were very good and the tenders were just so so. For $9.99 you get a large amount. The breading on the tenders tasted like a breading you might buy at the grocery store. They weren't bad but they were not good enough to buy again. Service was good so no complaints there. Management came by to check on me before I started eating the tenders so I couldn't tell him what I thought. I did appreciate that he stopped by as few restaurant managers do this anymore.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bigfoot424
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Fish and Chips Reign Supreme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ever since the Irish Pub in Blacksburg, Va closed down, I was searching for a great Fish and Chips meal. I stopped by for lunch with a friend and in my excitement I found a great meal at reasonable prices! The fish was Cod from either the North Atlantic or the North Pacific, I forget which. HOWEVER, O'Charley's offered some of the best Fish and Chips lunch I ever had the pleasure of consuming. The fish was lightly breaded and pack moist and full of flavor!! I used some Malt Vinegar and a little tarter sauce. The crunch and the smooth taste of the fish was just divine. i had a side salad and Iced Tea which rounded out the meal. I could hardly eat the whole thing. The service and staff were tops and did all they could to provide a rich dining occasion. The portions were just right and then some. GO FOR IT the cost was just a little over Ten Bucks...GO FOR IT, YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID!!

• Visited July 2013
Galax, Virginia
“Still searching for that magic menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I had not eaten in an O'Charley's in some time. The last time I was in Nashville, TN., I had read that they were changing the insides of the restaurants and changing the menu. I was anxious to explore the new menu. This restaurant had not changed anything on the inside since my last visit some nine months ago. The menu has changed some, but I am not sure which direction they are trying to go. I decided to do one of the under ten dollar meals. I had soup as a starter and shrimp and fish as the main course. I had added the $3.95 to the meal to get the soup and a desert. The rolls are still good, the main course was just average at best. I had the chocolate pie as desert. I really was hoping that there would be some type magic with their professed changes. I did not feel anything special. Perhaps they should decide to have a menu which might be a little more expensive and have more quality.

• Visited July 2013