“Visiting VT”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
“Visiting VT”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Had the family visiting once again . Great value. Very clean. Breakfast buffet had everything most folks would want. Will be very happy to stay here again for the next VT event. Definitely check the hotel out.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Justin R
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for responding to our survey, we are always pleased when guests return to our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed breakfast and that your room was fresh. We look forward to your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Great Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed in the Fairfield Inn & Suites Christianburg about 10 days ago on our way out to Texas from our home in northern Virginia and enjoyed it so much we decided to stay here again on our way back home. When we returned this evening, we received a warm greeting from Donald, the manager on duty and some excellent advice on restaurants in the Christiansburg area and a local map to help us find them. Another great experience with Marriott's Fairfield Inn in Christiansburg!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and thank you for responding to our survey. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that Donald was helpful with directions. We look forward to you staying with us agian!
Sunshine
Reviewed 20 April 2014

First time in a Fairfield, and compared to my usual Hampton Inns, this was a disappointment.

Yes the front desk staff is friendly and the location is convenient to the Interstate, with restaurants nearby.

However the room had the appearance of being underfurnished. Bed was OK, but as was previously mentioned by another reviewer, the room setup was awkward, with a shortage of furniture.

As mentioned, my preferred Hampton Inns have comfortable and inviting room setup, and perhaps my expectation was too high, but I thought Fairfield was in the same class as Hampton Inn.

There were other minor issues with non functioning amenities as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donald_O-Canard
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Donald, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad to hear our front desk staff gave you exceptional service while you were staying here. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy the room layout. We strive to give you a room that is comfortable for relaxing and apologize we missed the mark. Again, Thank you for reviewing our property and enjoy the rest of your travels!
Chester, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Front desk is always pleasant and helpful. Clean hotel and friendly staff. Greatly appreciate the complimentary continental breakfast so we don't have to go out for every meal. Also used the fitness center which was a plus.

Room Tip: Beds are comfortable and the suites are spacious.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Vicki, I am glad you found your stay at our hotel to be wonderful! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in our area!
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Friendly reception and customer service. Room and grounds are very clean. Beds are comfortable and rooms are larger than most Fairfield's. Location off of highway is convenient with several restaurants near by.

• Stayed April 2014
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
I am glad you had such a great experience at our hotel! We look forward to your next visit!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here passing through on 81. It was a decent choice but there were some major negatives.
First the positive- the front desk was very nice and helpful. The location is great, as it is very close to the highway with eating choices fairly close, some within walking but nothing great without a drive. There is an outdoor pool and hot tub which were closed but I really liked that there is a walking track out back, with nice scenery. Very nice for the business traveler.
Breakfast was fine, the typical choices with hot and cold.
Our room was very large but not set up smartly. It worked for the night but there were some issues.
Now the not so great:
The bathroom was not as clean as I would expect. Had to use my Clorox wipes and that irks me. Hair on the floor and not a lot of attention to detail, but not awful. I did not complain and just dealt with it so it couldn't have been that bad.
The room is older and so is the bathroom. This is not a newer property but they have redone the outside to make it look like new, which is fine. The lobby was small but nicely decorated. When we arrived, I wanted some tea but the coffee and tea station was not refilled with tea bags. I did use the hot water and used my own bag, but it should have been filled.
I would stay here again, but only if I needed to to stay at a marriott property. I think there are better choices in town.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angelambudd
I want to thank you you for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad that our front desk was nice and helpful during your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room wasn't up to your cleanliness standards. We strive to give rooms that are clean and represent the highest standards, and am sorry to hear yours wasn't. I hope if you are in the area again, you will give our hotel a try so we can show you that this issue is not normal!
DC
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Other than having some trouble finding the hotel (GPS directed us to a nearby Holiday Inn) we had no trouble at all with our stay. The room was large and very clean, the beds were comfortable. Location is close to 81. Staff was helpful. Breakfast was fine. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
FairfieldInnS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
I am happy to hear that you had no complaints with our hotel, staff or breakfast! We always strive to give you the best service and are glad we met or exceeded your expectations!