“Very clean and comfortable.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Delaware
“Very clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

When I booked this hotel the website listed it as a Christianburg hotel. It turned out to be in Radford, 15 miles away from Virginia Tech, which we were visiting. The hotel seems relatively new, clean,quiet, and in the middle of no where. Although we requested a quiet room away from the elevator and vending we were placed in room 215 which sided the elevator, laundry, vending and ice machines. The staff was very helpful but there were no other rooms available to switch to however, much to our surprise the room was very quiet and we were not disturbed at all. The beds were pillow top, firm and comfortable providing a good nights sleep and a simple breakfast is included.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for your stay and review! We love to hear the feedback from our guests! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that the staff took great care of you! We wish you many more safe travels and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Maryland
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Staying here for the weekend was a matter of convenience given the business I had in I looked for the hotel with the most stars in the area and this was it.. The staff was nice and helpful and even gave me extra info when I inquired about restaurants in the area. I appreciated having plenty of towels in my room, a fridge and microwave, and of course free wi-fi too.

I did not care for what seemed like a giant peep hole on the door which seemed to compromise privacy. (I would have put a post it note over the eye of it if I had one). Also, it bums me out when I get into a hotel and the sheets seem so tired and thin on the thread count and I find myself wondering if the sheets were actually changed after the last visitor.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for your review and stay! We are so glad to hear from you and glad that you are spreading the good word of our hotel! We are so happy that you were well taken care of by our staff. We have recently renovated our hotel which does include all new bedding. We hope to see you again soon!
Virginia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I spent two nights at the Comfort Inn and Suites in Radford, VA last week. I am a 57 year old female and I was here on business. This hotel is very convenient to the New River Valley Medical Center which was where the conference was that I was attending. My stay began here with a slight glitch, their internet service was down for the entire hotel so they could not check me in by computer. I was able to get my room key, 222 and the gentleman at check in asked me if I could return later and give them my credit card information. I was glad to do so. I unloaded my car and went to the second floor and put my key in room 222 and was surprised to hear the TV running and saw someone laying on the bed. I quickly closed the door and returned to the desk and told the clerk what happened. He went to check to see if I had the wrong room, which I did and returned with the key and gave me the key to room 224. I once again went up to the second floor and this time the room was empty. The rest of my stay was uneventful at least where the hotel is concerned. The room was clean and neat, the bath was clean and the towels were fresh although worn. The room contained a large whirlpool in the room in addition to the bath/shower in the bathroom. I did not use the whirlpool. The bed was comfortable but lacked some of the wonderful bedding that the higher end hotels have. It is a Comfort Inn, after all. The pillows are awful! I'm not sure why the lower end hotels put 8 pillows on the bed all fluffed up and looking pretty but when you put your head on them it feels like you are sleeping on a sack of cotton balls. HORRIBLE PILLOWS. The next day I actually went to walmart and bought a pillow that was somewhat better and tolerable.
If you are staying at this hotel to be close to the medical center or Radford College, you're in a good spot. If you've come to see the town of Radford or sightsee, keep going. I literally drove around for 30 minutes trying to find a restaurant to eat at that WASN'T fast food. The only thing I could find was fast food and Applebee's. So Applebee's it was.
Other than the lack of food establishments, the Comfort Inn was fine. The breakfast is limited but adequate. The room was fine and safe, that was great as I was by myself. They just need to do something about those horrible pillows!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We always like to hear feedback from our guests. We have recently renovated our hotel and would like to invite you back to enjoy our improvements. We strive to give you a pleasant experience each time you stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I was able to book a room at this property when I had business to take care of in Blacksburg. The staff at the hotel made check-in very easy and when I got to my room I was surprised at how spacious and clean it was. I am used to staying in hotels that are rated higher but I was impressed with the quality and value that this hotel had to offer. The unit that I was able to stay in was a room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa that was comfortable and spacious. Irvin worked at the front desk during the time that I was going to check out and not only allowed me to have a late check out but also printed and wrote out directions to my destination for the day. He even helped me find a little something to eat and some coffee for the road! (did I mention the well-stocked complimentary breakfast!) All in all my short stay at this quaint property was made memorable by the kindness of the staff and their willingness to accommodate. I would recommend this property to anyone interested in a friendly face and a great rate!

Room Tip: Had room 111 and loved it. I would assume all of the rooms are similar though!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Tannersville, PA
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed here on our way to Nashville. Although it was very close to Rt 81, the traffic noise wasn't bad at all. The breakfast was very good, the usual biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs and bacon. The pool was very nice, but the whirlpool was out of order when we were there.
The place was clean and comfortable, but in need of updating though. I had a tough time trying to find an available wall outlet to plug my laptop into, although the wifi was adequate and I had a decent signal. And there was a nice flat screen TV mounted to the wall.
This hotel is basic accommodation at a reasonable price.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your stay and review. We are always happy to hear positive feedback from our guests. We work hard to make your stay with us a memorable experience and we hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed at this hotel recently for a quick visit to my daughter at Radford University. We had a 2-queen bed suite which was quite spacious for just the 3 of us. There were several groups staying at the same time, and apparently some of them must have decided the hallways were the smokers' zone, because it took your breath away to walk through the halls. Luckily our room was just fine, otherwise we would have been heading elsewhere for sure. The morning breakfast consisted of bagels, pastries, cereals, eggs, gravy & biscuits, waffles, fruits, and yogurts. Quite plentiful and good selection. This property is definitely not the Ritz -- but for the price it is quite good. Definitely a good choice if you're just passing through and not doing an extended stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have recently renovated our hotel and would love to have you back to check out our improvements. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed here on our way home from Thanksgiving in DC. The room was OK. Clean and small, with dated furniture. For the second time on this trip, there were 3 bath towels in the room, even though there were 4 of us, which we stated in our reservation. Our room was near the elevator, which had an annoying squeak every time it stopped on our floor. Breakfast was fine. Nothing great. The desk clerk was also in charge of restocking breakfast items, so there were times when her attention was more on people checking out. The strangest thing about our stay was that neither of our key cards worked on the morning we checked out. Kind of a problem when we went back to the room after breakfast, needless to say. And there was a dog in the elevator. Yes, on a leash, but you don't expect dogs at hotels.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Tim S, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have recently renovated our hotel with new furniture and bedding and would like to invite you back to see all of our improvements! We look forward to seeing you again soon!