“OK for a quick stay, but watch your bill”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Traveling home from dropping off our daughter at college. The room was good for a night as the property is isolated and needed to drive a bit for dinner. My issue with the property is the charge for the in-room safe. I asked at check-in not to have the optional $2.00 charge for the "safe with limited warranty" added to the bill but was told I needed to take care of it in the am. As expected the change was on the bill. The front desk has a single clerk working with 4 or 5 people waiting. I made the decision that waiting 15 mins was not work the $2.00 so I left. I expect the property adds the charge expecting people not to wait and have it removed. Its a sneaky added fee.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This was a quick stay over for a college orientation at some point during the summer..late June or early july. Very accommodating! We had a late check in which was no problem. Plenty of parking. Clean rooms and very comfortable beds. Breakfast was so so in quality but had plenty to chose from...cold to hot. I would stay here again. Actually tried to book for college move in week but we were a bit late and have to stay at a different co.fory in 20 mins away.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

One night stay here while traveling down Route 81. Attractive outside, very plentiful, free parking. We were driving a large Uhaul vehicle and they had plenty of parking for larger vehicles. Check in was quick and easy, front desk staff friendly and helpful. Room was of average size, had some appearance of being a bit dated, but very clean, everything worked well. Pool and jacuzzi both clean and enjoyable. Breakfast was standard hotel fare, a bit more limited in selections than say Holiday Inn Express. Check out was easy. All the hotel staff we met were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. As other have said, dining venues are not close, need to drive to have a meal.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Booked a room thru Hotwire and got a great rate. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous. The room itself was very clean and comfortable. The view from my window were about a dozen cows grazing on the side of a hill, true story. My only complaint is the location of the hotel, it is pretty isolated.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were on the way to Gatlingburg, Tennesse and needed a place for the night. This place fit the bill. It was very close to I-81 ( less than a mile) and right next to the Radford Truckstop where you can get gas and some supplies. Conversely, it was about 4-5 miles from Radburg city proper. If you need pizza and hotdog, you can get it from the truckstop. If you need to eat at a decent restaurant you have to drive to the city. If you are ok for chinese, you can get the menu from the front desk. Lin's House tel no. 540 633 6128. They deliver to the hotel. We decided to drive 2 1/2 miles in the direction of the city to eat at Lin's. I asked them and they confirmed that they deliver.
The room was a decent sized room with two queen beds. Wifi speed was also good. There were two chairs, a small work table, flat screen tv, microwave and an a larger than usual fridge that worked unusually well. A/c worked well. Bathroom was well equipped. Coffee maker was found here. There was an iron and ironing board with a safe. We did not make use of these.
The breakfast was good. Had scrambled egg and sausages, pancake (make them yourself) juice and cereals. Other reviews did not mention the eggs and/or the sausage. Guess I was lucky that day. Definitely good to start the day.
The lobby was spacious with a computer connected to a printer. Check in was definitely quick ( I booked in advance). There was a stand in a corner with 24 hour coffee and tea.
They had an indoor pool of a decent size.
The exercise room was where they failed. Had only 1 treadmill,1 bike and 1 stepper. Could be ok if they worked but they were in various stages of functionality. Not well maintained. My wife and daughter quit after a few minutes.
I saw a washer and dryer on the second floor ($1 each use). None in the first and 3rd floor. Vending and on all floors. Ice machine on the second floor- not sure on the other floors. I realized that I forgot to check the other wing so don't know if there is a washer/dryer over there.
Definitely would stay there again if we pass by there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great place to stay, rooms very clean and quiet! Front desk was very friendly and helpful with local food delivery places! Will for sure stay again if in the area!
Room remodeling going on on the 2nd floor, was a bit noisy up till 7pm but after that it was very quiet!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris D
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were in the area for an event being held in Blacksburg. We had debated on staying in Christiansburg because technically it is closer to where we were going. This, in my opinion, is in Radford, just FYI. We got a great deal from hotwire. I had read several reviews on here so I was a tad nervous about our stay. We booked two rooms. One for my husband and I and another room for some friends that were traveling with us.

We checked in around 8:00p.m. and went straight to the room. I was pleasantly surprised! It was clean and pretty updated. Not as modern as some I've staid in but not from the 1970's either. The room had a nice tv (with great channels), a safe, fridge, microwave and a coffee maker.

We needed to be in Blacksburg at 5:45 am so we left the hotel around 5:15 fresh coffee was ready and waiting, in the lobby!! I can't comment on the breakfast because it didn't start until 6:30 and we were long gone by then but I will say that for the price we were very happy with our stay. We were thankful we staid where we did because the rooms in Christiansburg were twice what we paid and the money we saved we used for dinner :) I would highly recommend this hotel and we would stay here again!

Only negative, if I had to name one, would be there is only one elevator which wasn't really a problem for us but I could see it being an issue during the morning hours.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
Hampton Inn Christiansburg/Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
#8 of 10 in Blacksburg

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!