Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Super 8 Christiansburg(Christiansburg)
Econo Lodge(Christiansburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcinnamon rollsindoor poolyoung gentlemanwould stay againroom was cleanprice was reasonableroad tripupgraded roomonly stayed one nightrestaurant recommendationslight sleeperpublic areasprevious nightvisiting the areawater pressurestaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Our room, 203, was well appointed with the expected HI Express amenities. The beds were fairly comfortable, although, the linens are due for replacement with higher quality fabric. Present in the room: fridge, flat screen TV, WIFI, microwave, iron, iron board, blow dryer, and coffee maker. The free breakfast was the usual. As a health conscious family (most of the time), we tend to eat the instant oatmeal, juices, fruit, and hard boiled eggs. They also had a pancake machine and a nice selection of pastries if you have a sweet tooth or a carb craving. One main issue of concern was the 'touchy shower valve' which has a potential to cause a burn. Word to the wise: DO NOT ALLOW YOUR CHILDREN TO WORK THE SHOWER VALVE.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Brem M
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel was nice, room was clean, staff was pleasant and professional, the included internet was fast, cable was good, the included breakfast was very good - the hot fresh pancakes were a nice addition. The fitness center looked nice and more then average for this level property, though we did not use it since it was short stay and we had scheduled events to attend. The room had a nice interior design. The bed was a bit soft and the pillows were hard to get positioned to support neck due to softness. There were two soft and two firm pillows, but no combination was good. The AC was a bit noisy.

The worst part of the room was the unclean coffee pot. Went to use it and there was a used filter and dregs still in the pot. That is something that should not happen, regardless of the level of the hotel.

Overall good stay, and a good value, but the coffee pot incident will leave a bad taste in our mouth, no pun intended.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Nice hotel, free breakfast is good, lobby and room clean. Problem was one of our room towels had several holes and one of the bed sheets had several holes. They need new linens.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank BJG2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear BJG2012,

Thank you for posting a review of our property regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you gave us high scores on Location, Cleanliness, Service and Rooms. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments about the towels and bed sheets have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate department for necessary actions. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while passing through Virginia on my trip back to New York. The last time that I stayed in Christiansburg, I decided to stay at another hotel, and my experience has horrible. When I got there, I found that the staff was very accommodating and the manager on duty Alan was a very nice person. I loved my room, and housekeepers were very nice and did a very through job of keeping my room nice a tidy. The next time I have to stay at a hotel in this town, I would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 3rd floor. Very quite, clean, and good housekeeping services.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Lima H
Alan HIEX J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Christiansburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for you kind words. I love New York, from the city to the mountains. Somehow our hotel always seems to be halfway to anywhere. We have to… and want to, stay prepared for all guests so we may receive this type of response.

I know that our staff, especially housekeeping enjoyed reading this review.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The front desk staff accommodated our every need... Our room wasn't ready and they upgraded us to a king suite... We needed late check out and that was ok. Our whole stay, the staff from front desk to cleaning staff to maintenance were friendly, helpful and welcoming. My daughter was swimming at a meet, and they even inquired about how she did... Great staff. Breakfast in morning was very convenient and good variety.

• Stayed: July 2012