“WORST STAY EVER”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Christiansburg
A TripAdvisor Member
“WORST STAY EVER”
Reviewed 30 December 2005

I stayed here the other night with my family because we always stay in HIE but that is going to change. I will never stay at one again because of this place. When I called the hotel the young man that answered the phone gave me great directions I think his name was Tim. He was also the one to check my in, which went great.

When I got up to my room my room had dirty towels and trash on the floor that housekeeping missed. The young man moved me to another room really fast and even help me with my stuff.

The second room was much better. When I came down in the morning to get some breakfast there was only one cinnamon roll left and it was pretty hard. They had no individual cartons of milk only big jugs, (how nasty).

Then I went to the exercise room for a little work out and everything was nice, then went to take a quick dip in the pool and it was ice cold, and very dark in that room, seeing how no lights were on in the indoor pool room.

When I came to check out the young lady was really rude. I told her my problems and she said oh well, nothing I can do, said bye and walk away. I will never here again.

The only good thing about that hotel was Tim the great front desk clerk.

• Stayed December 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2005

My family stayed at this hotel on our way back home from vacation. The hotel is three years old according to the desk clerk when we checked in. Our room was clean and had a microwave, refrigerator, and coffemaker. The room was very clean and the hotel was very well maintained. We stayed here because it had an indoor pool for our children to use. The pool area was clean, however the water was cold. They have a small exercise room and a small room with a computer to access the internet. The breakfast room was large with plenty of tables and chairs. The items offered were the ones typical of HI Express. Next to the HI Express was a fairly new Denny's Diner. We would stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2005
4 Thank gatravel
VA
Reviewed 18 April 2005

Stayed at the HI Express in Christiansburg/Blacksburg this weekend. Made my reserv on line. Had a reservation for a "standard" room. I specified two adults, two kids. (Wasn't sure who exactly in the family would make the trip, but thought I should cover all possibilities.) When I checked in (with just my son and myself) I was given a room with a King, and a jacuzzi. I told the clerk I wanted a standard room with two beds, but none were available; it was this room or no room. I asked him how on earth this could be considered a "standard" room and he gave me some corporate come back. I asked what would have happened if my whole family came along. He didn't offer an explanation for that. I guess some of us would have had to sleep in the jacuzzi. I asked to be moved to a room not yet occupied by another guest (who maybe wouldn't mind this room); nope, can't do that either. Stone walls, stone walls, stone walls.....

Frustrated, I accepted the room (we were really tired) and instructed him to tell the manager (no manager on duty at night) to call me first thing the next morning. Not only did that not happen, he (or she) never bothered to call the next day either! I guess they didn't care.

So while this wasn't a complete disaster, I still felt like I didn't get what I asked for, and no attempt to reconcile on the manager's part. My advise to any and all -- you better confirm and reconfirm with this hotel. Service does't appear to be a real big concern to them, at least from my perspective.

Personally, I won't go back there and will advise others to steer clear as well. There are lots of lodging choices in Blacksburg to bother with this indifferent staff.

12 Thank BillsFanVA