“Best B&B in the whole Blacksburg area!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Christiansburg
The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

From beginning to end, this B&B experience was amazing..first off, VERY military friendly! We were greeted by Lisa and Pam and immediately given a tour of the beautiful garden and inn. They gave us great dinner recommendations (BBQ down the street) and even upgraded our room since the room was not in use. They welcomed us to wine and hors d'oeuvres and we had a great evening talking with guests, Lisa, and Pam! The next morning breakfast was phenomenal. Custom omelets, bacon, French toast, juice, and coffee were excellent! The whole experience was great and we can't wait to go back and just spend time there relaxing!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Skyeyes86

Reviewed 6 September 2013

The "spoiling" began the minute we stepped on the grounds. We were greeted by Lisa, Henny Penny (the chicken), Colonial (the rooster) and the cats (I forgot thier names). The rooms were incredible! I LOVED the jetted tub and the huge King size bed! Then we were given a leisurely tour of the grounds. It was so calming.The only thing better than the tub and bed was the food. MY GOSH>>>THE FOOD!!!! It truly is gourmet. The bacon sticky buns are insane! The mango macademia nut french toast was out of this world.
Since we were there on motorcycles we needed suggestions for a great ride. Of course there is always the Blue Ridge PKW, but Pam suggested riding up route 8. She was right, the ride through the mountains was exactly what we needed. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Rooms with the jetted tubs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda K
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife, Debby, and her parents, Jim & Betty, stayed at the Inn at Hans Meadow while visiting nearby Floyd, VA and Absolutely Loved every minute of our stay. Owners Lisa and Pam are the Ultimate Hostesses, radiating genuine Hospitality and presenting a Breakfast that would be the envy of any 5-Star Hotel Restaurant. I had a special interest in the Inn since my Craig ancestors were the original settlers, founders and builders of Hans Meadow and the Town of Christiansburg back in the 1700's and early 1800's. It was a mystical experience for me to stay in the same house and location where generations of my Craig & Montgomery ancestors lived so long ago. If you want to experience the Ultimate in Warm Hospitality in a Luxurious and Historically Significant Setting with all of the modern 21st. century amenities, The Inn at Hans Meadow is the place to visit. This was my Homecoming and we'll definitely be back. Dorsey & Debby Howard- Chester, Virginia, with Jim & Betty Wright.

Room Tip: We stayed in the upstairs Montgomery Room which is spacious and very comfortable with a huge walk-in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorsey H
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Lisa and Pam are super owners who make excellent breakfasts and snacks! The place is beautiful with an awesome deck and maze which are perfect for late night conversation and fun! The rooms are very comfortable. The Inn was a home away from home for a couple nights, you couldn't ask for a more hospitable place or people.

Room Tip: any room is great
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Where should I start? This wasn’t our first stay at the Inn, but it was our first stay with the new owners. This Inn already felt like home, and the new owners truly feel like family. In my husband’s words, as we drove away, “We have met some really ‘good people’”. That is what they are. Good people, through and through. What started as a few days in town for a swim meet, turned into much more. As usual, the Inn was clean, comfortable and a welcome place to rest. It went beyond that though. Pam and Lisa went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We came in late, but were welcomed by them both. And after a much needed night’s rest, we enjoyed the best breakfast we could have hoped for. Lisa is a dream in the kitchen. Her creations are amazing, and the variety was such that it pleased each one of us, and the inn was full. And she does it all with a smile on her face. After three nights, we had to stay another because we just weren’t ready to leave. And we would have stayed longer, if possible. There will be no stopping us from returning. We are even thinking of spending our next summer vacation at the Inn, as it has been the most relaxing trip I can remember having. The gardens have seating for talking and relaxing, and even bringing our meals in and eating outside. I don’t know one guest that hasn’t accidentally driven by it on their first stay, as it is a little slice of heaven that is simply hidden away in the middle of Christiansburg, and convenient to so many surrounding attractions. And although I would love to keep it my little secret, each of my friends and family who have stayed are all anxious to return. Pam was happy to teach us croquet and Lisa went above and beyond by baking cookies with my daughters. Honestly, this experience was a dream. There was absolutely no stress, and we were made to feel special. They allowed me to enjoy my family in an environment without any outside pressures or worries. They made us feel at home, only better, because the outside world doesn’t seem to penetrate there. Thank you so much Lisa and Pam. The days we shared with you were priceless, and will never be forgotten.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim C
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stumbled across this venue while searching for wedding venues in the Blacksburg area. After having a delightful conversation with the inn keeper Lisa I made a reservation and decided to try it out for myself. The grounds are pretty and have different locations for great pictures. The biggest selling point of the venue is the Inn Keeper and her staff. The new owners bought it a couple of months ago so if you are reading reviews from before April 2013 those were about the previous management. The breakfast was AMAZING!!!! I had the carrot cake waffles with honey buttermilk dressing. To die for!!!!!!
The bed was soooooo comfortable and the jetted tub was a welcome sight at the end of the night. You will be glad you stayed the night. I plan to return in November with my family. Thank you Lisa and niece Pam for a welcome respite in the middle do a work weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank vaweddingplanner
Reviewed 3 June 2013 via mobile

The Inn had a cozy feel to it and the room we stayed in was comfortable. Like the area because we are Tech grads! Close to plenty of places to eat. The breakfast at the Inn was fine too and they had good coffee machines in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Christiansburg
Quality Inn Christiansburg
#1 of 4 in Blacksburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#8 of 14 in Christiansburg

Been to The Inn at Hans Meadow Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!