“Fabulous Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Summit Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
White Plains, New York
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Located n the sleepy little town of Christiansburg, The Summit is a great place for a wonderful meal but the dining areas are in desperate need of a makeover. The rooms are tired looking and very dark with heavy draperies and I felt every spring in the seat of my chair.Paint the walls a light neutral color and and get rid of those drapes. That being said, the food was just too fabulous. The chef sent out a complimentary bisque at the beginning of our meal which was totally yummy. My starter was the shrimp in spicy peanut sauce and my husband had the fried oysters. We shared and both were delish! I had crab cakes for my entree which were almost totally crab not like some places that load them up with bread crumbs and peppers. My husband had the scallops which were tender and sweet and in a lovely light sauce. Even though we were full, dessert sounded to good to pass up. We shared the flourless chocolate was rich and decadent. The food was great so we will eat there the next time we travel down I-81 but hope the dining rooms have new chairs (my poor little tush).

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“great gem in the Christiansburg area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I visit once a month and always appreciate the food. The wine list is good but not exceptional. The seafood is very good. Service is casual and can be a little slow on busy nights. The salads are always amazingly fresh. One of the best fine dining places in our area.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Trapshot
Blacksburg, VA
“Delightful Place for Celebration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

We took a friend here as a bon voyage gift as he was leaving the area. The atmosphere is pleasantly tranquil, the food is marvelous (I love the Chicken Arabesque, my daughter the Duck, my wife the lamb) and we have never been disappointed with it's quality Service was laid back but attentive and we took our time having a delightful meal. I think it is the finest restaurant in the NRV.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank pattynjay
Vienna, Virginia
“Best Restaurant in Radford/Christianburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I took my daughter for her birthday to Summit. I had visited the Summit once before. The service was exceptional. The food was truly great. We had a special soup, a shrimp appetizer, salad and New York Strip steak. The steak was cooked to perfection. There is a great selection of food choices. Truly a top notch restaurant. My hats off to the Chef.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank magicdisplay
philadelphia
“Very good food and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

This was a very pleasant dinning experience. My wife and I enjoyed it and we would certainly return. Excellent food and presentation.

• Visited March 2014