All reviews cable tv sized bed stagecoach room fireplace virginia
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I found this simply charming home beautiful and friendly. The hosts, Garlan and Sylvia, were geniunely warm and friendly. I felt like I was visiting a family of dear loving relatives. The hosts really made the weekend special and their attitudes reminding us to remember what is important in life. Sylvia's cooking was fantastic. We are still savoring memories of the Yoder family and their historic inn.

Room Tip: Lovely views from all the rooms, and the home has a wrap around balcony with hummingbirds hovering around all eleven feeders!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

From the time we got there we felt unwelcome. The woman working the desk was annoyed at the time of our arrival ( 5:30pm). We were " the people I've been waiting on". No introduction to the place was given. A brief tour that ended in the bedroom we were staying at and the door being closed as I was stepping through the doorway. The bed was comfortable, the A/C was not. You couldn't really tell the difference if it was on or off.

I was looking forward to breakfast. The sign outside said fine dinning. They have a cookbook as you come in with the Buckhorn Inn recipes so I was expecting something grand. I was greatly disappointed when I was brought a plate with three pancakes and two pieces of extremely salty bacon. My girlfriend, the vegetarian, was brought three pancakes. Their syrup wasn't real maple syrup even thought they did have several brands for sale, not to mention the syrup container had cobwebs on it. Their cereal options consisted of generic store brands ( no milk), and they put out a bowl of whole oranges, overly ripe bananas, and apples. Lastly, their coffee tasted like it had been brewed for the fifth time already. My recommendation is to get a room in town and stay far away from this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank karam a
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Very nice people who own/run the place. But... if you want a hot breakfast on a Sunday, you have to have it by 8:15, or you miss it. Never been to a B and B that you couldn't sleep in a bit and still eat. Everything was comfortable, pretty clean (dead flies in the bathroom cabinets- yuck), and very peaceful. But for the money---- I expected too much I guess.

Room Tip: doesn't really matter what room you get- they are all pretty much the same. Suite is only $5 more...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The Buckhorn Inn is a delightful and tasteful blend of old and new. Claw foot tubs, but modern plumbing and flat screen TV's. Original heart pine floors, very fresh paint and a roaring fire add to the inn's warmth and appeal. The host family of this circa 1811 inn is incredibly gracious and accommodating. Their made to order breakfasts include eggs fresh from their own hens. BTW, there is something special about having your drink order taken by a five year old girl. Beautiful drive for a weekend getaway or a bike ride.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2011

Went to the Buckhorn Inn for the first and last time, for Easter brunch. Wait staff was clearly overwhelmed; they basically forgot we were there!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple