“Great stay in the end of the summer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of River Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colonial Beach
River Edge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colonial Beach
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great stay in the end of the summer!”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

It was our first time with our almost 3 years old toddler and my family in that nice peaceful area of Virginia. We picked out this hotel because of its great location on the edge of Potomac River and downtown shopping and restaurants. The town is not so big, so personally for myself I enjoyed walking to the food lion and dollar general stores, you can also rent a golf cart, it is convenient way to ride around. We spent 10 days at the River Edge Inn, and we were greatly satisfied with everything: service, accommodation and help of the owners of the personnel and staff. It is only 1 hour and a half from where we live in Richmond and we took a nice no traffic country road , it is much easier and less stressful to get to there than to Virginia Beach, plus it is much quit and safe in Colonial Beach. The hotel rates are great, compared to the not so nice hotel like Savannah Suites with roaches and terrible beds ... Etc. I paid 95 dollars for the poor accommodation in Norfolk and was happy to relax and rest in nice beds at River Edge Inn. I would highly recommend this hotel who loves to spend quality time with their family and kids and enjoy the waterfront and peaceful environment for the unbeatable prices. Special thanks to Anita, her mom, Linda and Heather and housekeeper Jakie and all the hotel team who made our first stay so special. We can't wait to see you all soon and be back to your nice hotel!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank marinator6888

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My wife and I just spent three nights at the River Edge Inn while on a little vacation (Sept 17 thru Sept 20th 2013) We were made welcome, all the staff so friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and neat and had all we needed. Twin Queens, Flat screen, coffee maker, hair dryer, microwave, mini fridge and good working wifi ( which is hard to find in Colonial Beach) They offer maid service daily if you want. and a very good continental breakfast every morning in the lobby. The rates were very good, of course we visited in off season (after labor day) so that helped, but I think their Summer rates when the beach is in full swing are reasonable too. This was our first visit to Colonial Beach, a really neat old beach community. We liked it a lot. Good restaurants and fun shops of all types.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 18 September 2013

With views of the water, the boardwalk and beach right out your door and a spectacular sunrise over the Potomac to greet you every morning, River Edge is a real find. I recently stayed here for five weeks on a business trip. River Edge has a nice size outdoor swimming pool - perfect for laps -- and an excellent, responsive staff. The hotel is clean and well-managed. The family who bought the hotel takes great care to please guests and make them feel welcome. Thank you Anita for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hola!

We live in N. Stafford and love our little get away for the weekend! Great river views...from the outside...The hotel sits a strange way...Excellent pool (0nly pool at a hotel in CB) and the room has a fridge and microwave. Beds are comfortable...bring your own pillows ...The AC is delightful and they serve a nice continental breakfast for the AM from 6-10 AM...

Just steps from the Riverboat Casino...Great fun! Keno horse racing for gambling, great seafood if you look for it....The Riverboat has good drinks and appetizers...wouldn't suggest the dinners...lots of fried stuff...GO to the Tides down the beach for the best food and drinks and music on the beach at lunch or dinner on the weekends...Bands play at the Tides on the weekends and you can hear them from the hotel all the way down the beach...The Tides have a Tiki bar with real sand under your feet for you to dance to...We enjoyed Kashmir...a Led Zeppelin cover band...Amazing!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Indian Head, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was planning a quick end of the year beach trip for my family. My two year old had never been to a beach and lets say this was a great place to take him. The beach was crowded with families of all ages and it was so peaceful and beautiful. The staff was amazing, so courtesy, and personnal. They made my little guy feel special!! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Suitland, Maryland
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were having a surprise birthday party for my Mother-in-law and decided to stay here. I had never stayed before but had not heard good things about it previously. The new management has definitely made some improvements. The rooms were updated and clean and the office personnel made us feel very welcome. If there was anything we needed, all we had to do was ask and we had it. My daughter who is kind of picky said she would even visit again. I think we have found a new place for a quick getaway that is not too far from home. I would reccommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We were on the back side where there was plenty of parking and it was close to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was searching for a simple, end-of-summer getaway for my husband, toddler, and I that wasn't too far away from our home in Northern VA. Colonial Beach seemed to check off all the boxes, and when I saw that the River Edge was a former rundown chain hotel that is now under new management, I decided to give it a shot (I love supporting small businesses). We were not disappointed! The new owner runs a tight ship, with neat, cozy rooms, and excellent service.

We brought our toddler's little blow-up bed, and didn't realize until we arrived that it had some holes in it. For an additional $11, the staff promptly brought us a cot and allowed us to put the mattress on the floor for her.

Breakfast was not fancy, but provided several options to tide us over before sampling local restaurants for lunch and dinner (Fat Freda's, The Tides, and Dockside were all on the top of our list). I enjoyed taking my bagel outside and eating it at the tables that faced the river for a beautiful morning view.

The location also could not be beat. A five minute walk down the boardwalk (which is really more of a wide paved sidewalk) brought us to shops, restaurants/food stands, the municipal pier, and prime beach spots. There is a beach directly in front of the hotel, but it is pebbly and not as comfy to sit on if you don't have chairs with you.

All in all, we were very satisfied with both the River Edge Inn and the hidden gem of Colonial Beach, and we will be back!

Room Tip: The bottom floor provides for the easiest loading and unloading, since there is no elevator, and als...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank travelbug_wife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Beach
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
#1 of 2 in Dahlgren
Country Inn & Suites, Dahlgren
#1 of 2 in King George
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
#1 of 1 in Warsaw

Been to River Edge Inn? Share your experiences!