“Love the food and the view!”

Light House Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: French, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I have never been disappointed here. The food is top notch and everyone has always been friendly and helpful. I am a vegan, and it has never been a problem here for them to accommodate my food preferences.

My sister loves the fish and meat options!!!

Can't wait to return!

1  Thank GypsyCate804

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The food here was very good to excellent. We were served by the owner Noi he was friendly, accommodating and quick with the meal. I would certainly return again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

A friend and I went to the Light House Thai restaurant this evening. It was not the first time we've gone, but it is the last time I will ever go there. The food, of course, was delicious. The service, however, was horrible. It took about 10 minutes to get a glass of water and the waiter took our order then. We ordered appetizers and 3 entrees between the two of us. The waiter balks at us and comments on how much food we are ordering. We were taken aback at that, but nothing major. After we had our appetizers, he was quick to take away the dishes while there was some food left. Again, a little rude, but all was fine. The problem came with having to flag the waiter down at least twice before getting him to come by the table and then again to actually get what we asked for. She asked about a specific desert, and he promptly said NO. We don't have that. Then about 10 minutes later the table behind got the very same desert the restaurant was out of. We were not offered other suggestions for desert, or even the menu. When the bill came, we did not leave a tip. The owner confronted us before we even gathered up our purses about why there was no tip. And in the middle of explaining to him we had a rude server, he walked away from us. In the parking lot, the waiter came out to confront us about it. The entire interaction with the waiter was hostile and unwarranted. and he left in a huff, again, while we were in mid-sentence. I absolutely do NOT recommend ever going to this restaurant if you are hungry, want to try different menu items, or want polite service. You will get none at this restaurant.

8  Thank 1Customer4Review
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Was visiting the Inn at Stratford Hall nearby and looking for something a little nicer for dinner. I have been cooking professionally for over twenty five years and was especially drawn to the menu I found online for Lighthouse. It seemed good and inventive.
But, when we got there , there was another completely different menu serving French/Thai food. Really wasn't looking for Thai. Well apparently the new management of the restaurant had just begun and they hadn't changed the website yet.
Well, this turned out to be a gem of a place! Everything was BEAUTIFULLY presented and cooked perfectly. The esgarcots weren't chewy and the scallops sliced like butter!
Amazing a place like this is in a somewhat sleepy small shore town!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We bring a group of 20-25 in here every year. This year we had 23 on May 24th (Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend), which is a big group for any place including here. So, that said we expected things to be a little slow. We feel they did a great job handling us! The food was beyond reproach! Soooo good!! We probably had every meal they serve and they were all great. Talk about presentation, we have to compare it to great restaurants in DC and New York. Ok, I agree, they could use a bit more staff on busy nights. But you just can't find a meal this good in many places. We will be back! :)