“Outstanding!”

Good for: Romantic
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was one of the best meals I've had in years! Service was efficient and friendly, too! The house special étouffée was unbelievably good. The sauce was as good as any in New Orleans and I can't believe how much I enjoyed this meal!! The homemade coconut ice cream was creamy and enhanced with bits of shaved coconut meat. Luscious sweetness! We look forward to our next experience here soon!

• Visited July 2014

Santa Monica, California
“I love An, the Chef”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Amazingly, there are two Thai/French restaurants in Colonial Beach. Seaside is the original location,a small restaurant with typical Thai decor,on Washington St.

The food is consistently excellent. An, the chef, remembered me after I had not been there for many months (I live out of state) and even noticed I had new glasses!

The drunken noodles are tasty,and the spicing is complex, rather than
just burningly hot.

The service is personable and warm without being overly friendly: very professional. They want you to like the food, and will answer any questions, as well as make suggestions.

The soups are outstanding: my favorite way to judge a Thai restaurant is the deliciousness of the tom yum soup. Mmmmm!

I have not tried the French side of the menu, but hear that the escargots are lovely, as is the filet mignon.

Prices are very fair, and an excellent value for quality offerings.

1 Thank Larisa L
Williamsburg, Va
“great lunch”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stopped in after finding this restaurant via an online search. Looks like a converted house, we sat on the front deck. I had the Pad Thai w/seafood and my girlfriend had the Drunken Noodles. Both were delicious and service was wonderful.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 11Limited
Fairfax, Virginia
“A nice surprise nestled”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After spending all day at the beach and checking into our hotel and getting a bath and change of clothes we headed back to the town of colonial beach to see if we could find a nice dinner. This restaurant was not only a nice surprise nestled in the middle of town but the unusual cuisine was a welcome reprieve from the chefs that do knock off cooking and disappointing. I order a wonderful steak Diane and was very pleased with my meal. They had a wonderful creme brulee that topped off my meal. My husband definitely enjoyed his meal and our service was impeccable.

1 Thank Reneec496
Richmond, Virginia
“Horrible Experience”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Tonight I had one of the worst dining experiences I have ever had in my life. The sad part is I know the food is very good at Seaside but I never got any of the food tonight. We found a seat on the outside porch and sat down. My husband was going to go in and let them know we were there but a waitress came out at about the same time so she knew we were there. A second waitress came out and brought us menus and asked us for our drink orders. After a few minutes she brought out our drinks and asked if we wanted to order any appetizers which we did. After waiting for 20 minutes the waitress finally came out and said the other waitress had taken our appetizer order but they couldn't find it and wanted to take the order again. I at that point was furious. In the time that we had placed our appetizer order our waitress who turned out to be the other waitresses daughter walked out of the restaurant, got into her car and left. We never saw her again. The table next to us had to go inside to get their check and pay. I understand that it's a holiday weekend but there were only a few tables and the service was beyond horrible. We have eaten here many times before and know that the food is delicious. There is a serious problem with the service here. If you are short handed you work faster and harder not slower. You do what you have to do. I'm not sure what the problem was tonight but it was a HUGE disappointment and we will not be back anytime soon. It's so disappointing because the food is delicious. I would hope that the management would see my review and do some long, hard thinking about their service issues.

4 Thank OBXGirl2010