Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast
Riverview Inn - Colonial Beach(Colonial Beach)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$105
US$121
US$107
Priceline
All reviewsb bwarm hospitalitybed and breakfastgreat place to staybathbedroompillows
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The breakfast was delicious. Walking distance to several restaurants and the bay. Shirley was incredibly helpful and friendly. After our first night my husband was already planning our next visit. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alisonwood
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. I enjoyed our conversations and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I visited colonial beach for the first time on July 4th and we heard great things about the bed and breakfast places. So we decided to drive back for a one night stay during Labor day weekend and it was a great experience. Shirley made us feel welcome and the breakfast was great. The was very clean and comfortable. We will return soon.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lavern B
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for staying at the Inn and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

While visiting the area for business we had the pleasure of spending three nights at this wonderful B&B. The innkeeper, Shirley, made us feel right at home upon arrival - and we felt completely at home for the entire stay. The inn and rooms are immaculate...and the quiet residential area led to a peaceful night's sleep every night. My favorite part was gathering around the breakfast table each morning to chat with Shirley and the other guests. The breakfasts were amazing - the Canadian Pancakes being my favorite. Thank you Shirley for such at wonderful stay at the Monroe Bay Inn!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank salex248

What fun to have you stay at the Inn and hear about your adventures. Thanks for writing an informative review.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I chose this B & B based on other Trip Advisor reviews. I echo their opinions about the cleanliness and comfort of the accommodations and Shirley's warm hospitality. We had a lovely queen room and found the bathroom with it's stall shower rather cramped. The King rooms have more spacious bathrooms with tubs, so you might want to keep this in mind when making your reservations. We enjoyed talking to Shirley, learning about the local art community, and only regret that our stay didn't coincide with the art walk held every second Friday of the month. Shirley was wonderfully accommodating, working around a change in our travel plans and my dietary restrictions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank funfamily_8

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. It was a pleasure to have you here and to learn more about healthy eating.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Where do I begin? This was my very first time staying in a Bed and Breakfast and I don't think I could have picked a better place to be my first. From the phenomenal condition of the home and room, to the tranquil ambience created by beautiful art, to the great energy from the owner Shirley, it all made for a great escape....just what I needed to regain some necessary peace of mind...Thanks a lot Shirley, you are appreciated!!

Room Tip: Just go to the website...you can view all rooms there
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank TranquilB
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you for your enthusiastic review! It was a pleasure to hear about your exciting life and the amazing work you and your daughters are doing. I look forward to seeing you again at the Inn.